This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop 1.6.21 & SSL / IPv6

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
x
x0x
Op

Eggdrop 1.6.21 & SSL / IPv6

Post by x0x »

I've installed Eggdrop 1.6.21 from scratch and everything works just fine. Question however, is how to connect to SSL servers and how to connect using IPv6.

Looks like there have been SSL patches around for previous versions, not sure about IPv6. What's the status for Eggdrop 1.6.21?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Eggdrop 1.6.21 is actually just major bug-fixes backported from eggdrop 1.8 applied to eggdrop 1.6.20. So with 1.6.21 there is no truly stable ipv6/ssl patches, just as there were with 1.6.20. They are all hacks. The only way to get stable ipv6/ssl is using the current eggdrop 1.8 development nightlies which include full support for ipv6/ssl out-the-box no patching required.
x
x0x
Op

Post by x0x »

Ok, that's clear and the answer I was looking for.

When running 1.8, will this get me into trouble with some of those great scripts? Your Google script for example (yes I know it needs some fixing at the moment) or the TVRage one?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

x0x wrote:When running 1.8, will this get me into trouble with some of those great scripts? Your Google script for example (yes I know it needs some fixing at the moment) or the TVRage one?
You shouldn't have any trouble with any of my scripts nor TVRage. The only scripts you may have problems with use checks to see which eggdrop version they run on. They check for *1.6*. As long as they use a >= you are fine. It's when they just use that == you are in trouble then that script only works with 1.6. You would have to manually edit the script changing the 1.6 to 1.8 in that case. Any script that works on 1.6.* should work just as well on 1.8.* without exception.
C
Cr0ntab
Voice

Post by Cr0ntab »

will i have problem with the tcls i use on 1.6.21?