This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

How to become channel operator?

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
s
seiko
Voice

How to become channel operator?

Post by seiko »

I have the boot running well, i have my own room, registered nick but when i want to kick somebody, the server replies "You're not channel operator". I am tired of searching and nothing works.
I tried:
/mode #channelName +o myRegisterdNick
/msg chanserv op #channelName myRegisterdNick
I tried this inside in party line but no difference. Is my first trivia bot and i know this is a noob question.
Thanks for help.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

If your eggdrop is the channel operator of the channel, and you are connected to the dcc partyline, then you could use the .op command ".op myNickname".

Using /-commands means you are sending the command directly from your own client, regardless of which window you are using (you are thus not sending these commands to or through your eggdrop).
NML_375
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

nml375 wrote:If your eggdrop is the channel operator of the channel,

It wasn't. (I visited his channel)

We backed up, and had a chat about who enters channel first, Nickserv, Chanserv, registrations, identifying, etc. , etc.

It all worked - at least once - for him.
Now he needs to practice and master it. :)
s
seiko
Voice

Post by seiko »

Willyw is a life saver!
I learned how to use Chanserv and Nickserv to do what i wanted thanks to him.
I am new on this and he had enough patience to teach me lots of interesting stuff, great guy.
Thanks nml375 for response.