This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

few tricks please

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
cambodia
Halfop

few tricks please

Post by cambodia »

i run trivia and always hang up so can someone give me some tips that
when

1 - when in party line display " .. can't open ... "
then ask bot to performe command .restart or restart bot

or

2 - when bot hang up it will display this word in channel " ... peter.qst ... "
then ask bot to perform command .restart or restart bot

can this be done ?

now i need to join party line and click .restart everytime it hang or i need to login into shell and kill it

i want this script done then i won't need to do that just let it restart himself when it hang , please help me :-)

your reply is very valuable to me :-)

cheers
peter
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

contact the script's author, we don't help without a clear description of the problem (and yours is very vague), logs and code
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I suggest you use a different trivia script.
cambodia
Halfop

Post by cambodia »

Sir_Fz wrote:I suggest you use a different trivia script.
i don't see any trivia is better than nerf :) anyway i register that script with writer but now writer seem dead never reply my email :)
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

sounds like he forgot to close the trivia files after reading them..
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

If you want a decent trivia script check out the one running on #trivia on irc.zone-9.net If you like that one let me know and I will send it to you.
Last edited by ^DooM^ on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
cambodia
Halfop

Post by cambodia »

hmm maybe :) but i just want to let bot perform .restart when in party line containt " ....can't open... " or message in public message " ..../peter.qst..... " :D
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

cambodia wrote:i don't see any trivia is better than nerf :) anyway i register that script with writer but now writer seem dead never reply my email :)
Well, if you're using nerf's beta trivia script then ofcourse you can find a better one that does not freeze.
cambodia
Halfop

Post by cambodia »

Sir_Fz wrote:
cambodia wrote:i don't see any trivia is better than nerf :) anyway i register that script with writer but now writer seem dead never reply my email :)
Well, if you're using nerf's beta trivia script then ofcourse you can find a better one that does not freeze.
i register it already but it keep hang still , anyway it's long enough my purpose just want restart bot when it read some text in partyline or privmsg :D
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

cambodia wrote:
Sir_Fz wrote:
i register it already but it keep hang still , anyway it's long enough my purpose just want restart bot when it read some text in partyline or privmsg :D
this is so DUMB, just listen to what people have been saying to you and you won't be sorry
cambodia
Halfop

Post by cambodia »

i'm not sure about what you trying to say demond because my english is not so good but i know they suggest me to use other trivia and i try many trivia but no one beat nerf because of color and feature

and i decided to use it since i run it and until now i don't know how dumb am i just know i want any command line that work with party line , privmsg and i wanna know weather i can capture it and make it process command .restart or not that's what i need lah :roll: