This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Remote console

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

good points, I'll fix the .rc mybot thing and I'll think how to make broadcasting more versatile and configurable

by 'autologin' you mean login on script's startup, without receiving .rc request? that would imply including your handle & password in the script
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

That`s what i mean. Yes, this will include handle & password. Well, my handle you know if i type something on the partyline. My password is getuser handle pass, it should be possible to decrypt it? I have never thinked about that. If not i don`t think that it will be a to big secure leak, because no one else from outside should have acess to the eggdrop/scripts dir. If them have them can acess to the bot so or so...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

no, you can't decrypt eggdrop passwords... but there's another problem - my script needs to associate the local login's DCC index with the remote login's index of commands originator (since it handles multiple rconsoles for multiple users simultaniously and independently) - and there's no such association when you have autologin; that could be dealt with by introducing some limitations which I'm not too keen of doing, but I'll see what I can do about that
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

okay, 1.6 is out; you can now control groups of bots by group's index, or specify several comma-separated bots; also, there are more rci commands and better doc

I plan to introduce encrypted links in 1.7, for total security when used in heterogenous botnet environment

grab it directly from here (I won't be updating Tcl archive until 1.7)
x
Voice

Post by x »

Wow, this one looks really promising. I always wished that netbots would include also this feature. Makes everything a lot easier. Thanks a lot! :P
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

hmm I haven't used netbots for a while but I believe there was such thing there as well
x
Voice

Post by x »

There was, but only for certain commands. You could of course always control a single bot by choosing it with netcontrol command and use netdump. This means that you gotta remember the right form of an irc-command you output then, I used to do this if I wanted the bot just output something to a server. However afaik there never was a feature you could use for every command the bot has.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

the final one, 1.7 is out; I don't plan to release any more versions of rconsole, the script is now pretty much complete and polished (and hopefully, bug-free)

new in 1.7 is the optional blowfish encryption of rconsole botnet traffic; that helps if you run it in mixed/heterogenous botnets where not all bots are yours and there is a chance for someone to sniff your remote commands, thereby potentially compromising sensitive data (e.g. passwords)

I'll be submitting 1.7 to Tcl Script Archive shortly, so it should show up there in a few days
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

I'm about to make some final additions to this thing so now is a good time for final requests, I'll consider any
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

BoaR wrote:i am using rconsole.tcl on my bots which they are all linked together, when i try to make the bots say something on the channel all the bots reply to the hub bot where i am connected from saying:

*** Not logged in yet, log in first

any ideas ?
Read the instructions.

Code: Select all

Usage: .rc <bot|*> [command|text]  ("*" is used to send to all bots)
when used without command/text, it sends initial login request
n
nsrafk
Halfop

Post by nsrafk »

You have to login first :)

Do these commands:

.rc *

.rc * <your handle>

.rc * <your password>

-> Then you should be logged in :)