This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Trivia 2000 Version 1.3 Released

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Trivia 2000 Version 1.3 Released

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Just over four years since leaving the world of IRC and Eggdrops and consequently therefore also since the last release of any updates for any of my scripts I've found some interest again for various reasons and have actually got my rear end in gear and started working on some of my scripts again.

The following is stage one of the apparently (judging by the number of emails I get) long awaited update to Trivia 2000. It still amazes me that one of my scripts that started off as a bit of fun for a room I used to chat in is the seventh most downloaded script from this site with nearly 11,000 downloads and has also been downloaded several thousand times from my own site. It's a very very humbling thing to know that people like something I've produced that much and I can only apologise to everyone that's been waiting for updates for it.

This release is what I will classify as an "Interim" release which contains a couple of bug fixes, enhancements and the long awaited !score command finally in place and working. This release is to bridge a gap between the previously released version and the new major version change that I'm currently working on.

The file has been uploaded to the egghelp.org archive and will be updated in the next few days by Slennox according to the email I've received.

I'd like to just take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who's emailed me with positive comments about this and any other of my other scripts over the last few years. Hopefully if this release is received reasonably well Trivia 2000 will be around for a while yet :D

I've already started work on the new major release which will have a lot of extra functionality that has always been requested (and planned) but that never got done including the user selectable ability to ask multiple question blocks instead of one at a time, a team game and a few other things I'm working on. I'm also working on updating the question file to include a lot more questions as well as making it easier to add your own question files in than it is currently.

Any comments about the script either in here or by email would be hugely appreciated. :D
Last edited by Ian-Highlander on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Oops, slight cock up on the scripting front, seems the new !score function worked perfectly on the top ten scores until there where more than ten users in the score chart at which point it just kept taking the top ten in the list and sorting those into score order and ignoring anything under neath that completely.

This is just a small bug fix release then, this issue has now been resolved in version 1.3

I've submitted another update to the egghelp archive.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused to anyone who just installed 1.2.5.
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"