This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

filesys subfolders with ls command

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
W
Weirdo
Master

filesys subfolders with ls command

Post by Weirdo »

I just made a nice php gallery on my shell, which runs from my eggdrop's filesys folder. Done this essentially to allow users to upload, and download images, bypassing the java scripts and the restrictions on my http bandwidth.

So, i go into the filesys controls, do "ls" and i am rewarded by the complete listing of every file there.

Problem is that the root fo the folder has 10 files, and half a dozen subfolders. The ls command showed every file, in every folder, with no indication where it came from.

Being used to the "dir" command, and with full knowledge that "ls" doesnt normally do that, i am uncertain why this is happening, or how i can fix it?

Is there a way of making the "ls" command only return what is in the current folder and list the subfolders like the same command does on my shell?

Thanks,
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

hmm ls doesn't behave like that

can you post a log?
W
Weirdo
Master

Post by Weirdo »

demond wrote:hmm ls doesn't behave like that

can you post a log?
Will do...

Edit: Ok, interesting. A restart and the deletion of the filedb file, seems to have fixed it. Due to me deleting 800 or so files and then adding 2500 more. When i saw this problem this morning, i nuked the filedb, and its remade now, 5x the size, and, mm, seems to be fine.

Go figure. I much prefer having only 49 files instead of 2500 :D

Sorry gents. Slight Q, does the filedb get updated on a daily basis only then?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

nope, it gets updated on every file operation

what you have observed might be filesys.mod bug
W
Weirdo
Master

Post by Weirdo »

Ah, bug?