This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:weather (2.8p) (Dec. 18th, 2008)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
s
sk-4
Halfop

Post by sk-4 »

i noticed there is error in weather.tcl,but it was Ok after i removed the extra "e"

set chan [lindexe $args 0]
set input [lindex $args 1]

Error:
Tcl error [incith::weather::astronomy_handler]: invalid command name "lindexe"
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Yeah.. hence the whole downloading it again thing. =/
incith
Master

Post by incith »

2.8h (and i) released to fix multiple results.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

incith, wunderground.com has the Select Langauge option, could you make the script show the weather in a certain language that the site supports ?! It would be greate !!! Cose not all know or understand English :(
Waiting for reply...
d
djevrek
Voice

Post by djevrek »

There is still error with multiple search. See this

<Moonshine> !weather belgrade
<Spremna> Multiple Results Found: Belgrade, Maine; Belgrade, Minnesota; Belgrade, Missouri; Belgrade, Montana; Belgrade, Nebraska; Belgrade, Serbia; Belgrade, Serbia
<Moonshine> !weather belgrade, serbia
<Spremna> Multiple Results Found: Belgrade, Serbia; Belgrade, Serbia
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

djevrek wrote:There is still error with multiple search. See this

<Moonshine> !weather belgrade
<Spremna> Multiple Results Found: Belgrade, Maine; Belgrade, Minnesota; Belgrade, Missouri; Belgrade, Montana; Belgrade, Nebraska; Belgrade, Serbia; Belgrade, Serbia
<Moonshine> !weather belgrade, serbia
<Spremna> Multiple Results Found: Belgrade, Serbia; Belgrade, Serbia
yes :( I have the same problem with multiple results...
s
sniepre
Voice

Post by sniepre »

Has anyone had the temperatures stop being displayed? For the last day or so, most all fields show up still except for temperature.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

See my post below, most relevant with said fix.
Last edited by speechles on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
s
sniepre
Voice

Post by sniepre »

speechles wrote:
sniepre wrote:Has anyone had the temperatures stop being displayed? For the last day or so, most all fields show up still except for temperature.
Try reading. In fact, try reading the thread directly below this one. A fix has been provided, all you need to do is be smart enough to find it.
I see that now, thanks. I just googled for the script name and was taken directly to this thread, I thought this was the discussion thread for the script.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

sniepre wrote:
speechles wrote:
sniepre wrote:Has anyone had the temperatures stop being displayed? For the last day or so, most all fields show up still except for temperature.
Try reading. In fact, try reading the thread directly below this one. A fix has been provided, all you need to do is be smart enough to find it.
I see that now, thanks. I just googled for the script name and was taken directly to this thread, I thought this was the discussion thread for the script.
In the interest of keeping things simple.

Code: Select all

regexp -- {pwsvariable="tempf".+?>.+?nobr">.+?>(.+?)</span>.*?F</span>.*?/.+?nobr">.+?>(.+?)</span>} $html - output(tempf) output(tempc)
This will fix it. Find 'pwsvariable' in the script. Change the regexp involving pwsvariable to look exactly as it does above. It will work once again when fixed. :wink:

*** Note to Moderator: The other newly created thread titled incith-weather v2.8i variable missing in output. should be abandoned, junked or similar since it merely mirrors this fix and this note itself can also be removed. Thanks. :P
incith
Master

Post by incith »

2.8j released. See the first post for changes. Will be including diff files from now on for those that run customised versions of things, to see what was changed.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

incitch, could you resolve the multiple results for the Chisinau City ?
incith
Master

Post by incith »

eXtremer wrote:incitch, could you resolve the multiple results for the Chisinau City ?

# TODO:                                                               #
#   - fix multiple results, take best match, etc                      #
Some day... ^_^
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Well, got a bit of motivation back, next release will feature improvements to multiple results, no more duplicate location problems (belgrade, chisinau, you're good to go).

Second, search results with no data will not be returned as a search result. For example, "Goa, India" location. It has a duplicate, and only one has data. So for that example, of course the one with data will be used to fetch the actual weather data. But during my testing, both of them lost data, and so the script would return no search results. So I will work around this, by just using one of the bad results, as it will not have data to use anyway.

(18:12:32) <visitant> [18:12] incith:weather-2.8k: <incith/private> !weather india
(18:12:35) <visitant> [18:12] removals: 423
(18:12:35) <visitant> [18:12] found: 28

(example of both locations with no data):
(18:13:14) <visitant> [18:13] incith:weather-2.8k: <incith/private> !weather goa, india
(18:13:14) <visitant> [18:13] removals: 2
(18:13:14) <visitant> [18:13] found: 0

(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] incith:weather-2.8k: <incith/private> !weather quebec
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] removals: 0
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] found: 1
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] multiple results:
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] loop_loc: Quebec, Quebec (loop_url: /global/stations/71714.html)
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

incith wrote:Well, got a bit of motivation back, next release will feature improvements to multiple results, no more duplicate location problems (belgrade, chisinau, you're good to go).

Second, search results with no data will not be returned as a search result. For example, "Goa, India" location. It has a duplicate, and only one has data. So for that example, of course the one with data will be used to fetch the actual weather data. But during my testing, both of them lost data, and so the script would return no search results. So I will work around this, by just using one of the bad results, as it will not have data to use anyway.

(18:12:32) <visitant> [18:12] incith:weather-2.8k: <incith/private> !weather india
(18:12:35) <visitant> [18:12] removals: 423
(18:12:35) <visitant> [18:12] found: 28

(example of both locations with no data):
(18:13:14) <visitant> [18:13] incith:weather-2.8k: <incith/private> !weather goa, india
(18:13:14) <visitant> [18:13] removals: 2
(18:13:14) <visitant> [18:13] found: 0

(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] incith:weather-2.8k: <incith/private> !weather quebec
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] removals: 0
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] found: 1
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] multiple results:
(18:13:51) <visitant> [18:13] loop_loc: Quebec, Quebec (loop_url: /global/stations/71714.html)
Respect incith, that's the way 2 go ;)