incith:weather (2.8p) (Dec. 18th, 2008)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Branden wrote:Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: invalid command name "clock"
Um, what version of Tcl are you using? Windrop or eggdrop? etc etc

There's no reason your Tcl should be missing the clock command..
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

incith, a question: there is nothin` to do with the language, from english (default) to change to another language, for example French.
http://www.wunderground.com - has the change language setting.

Is it possible ?
incith
Master

Post by incith »

eXtremer wrote:incith, a question: there is nothin` to do with the language, from english (default) to change to another language, for example French.
http://www.wunderground.com - has the change language setting.

Is it possible ?
No, or I would have to make regexps for every language, e.g. russia is on ru.wunderground.com, etc etc. I have plans to add language functionality, using built-in language files.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

incith wrote:No, or I would have to make regexps for every language, e.g. russia is on ru.wunderground.com, etc etc. I have plans to add language functionality, using built-in language files.
Don't 4get about Romanian ;)

speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

eXtremer wrote:
incith wrote:No, or I would have to make regexps for every language, e.g. russia is on ru.wunderground.com, etc etc. I have plans to add language functionality, using built-in language files.
Don't 4get about Romanian ;)
http://romanian.wunderground.com/
http://russian.wunderground.com/

Not necessarily would you have to make regexp's for every language if you use html context to extract data rather than english words within the html markups. You would suffer problems dealing with encodings and utf-8 vs iso8859-1 during socket reads. The bot will confuse utf-8 with iso8859-1 and vice versa and does it everytime.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

eXtremer wrote:Image
Since you clearly cannot do even slight investigation on your own and choose to instead attempt some sort of insult upon me, indeed, it is russian.wunderground.com, sorry to have made such a horrendous mistake. It changes nothing.
speechles wrote:http://romanian.wunderground.com/
http://russian.wunderground.com/

Not necessarily would you have to make regexp's for every language if you use html context to extract data rather than english words within the html markups. You would suffer problems dealing with encodings and utf-8 vs iso8859-1 during socket reads. The bot will confuse utf-8 with iso8859-1 and vice versa and does it everytime.
It will be easier to make language files... I have it envisioned!
g
granddad
Voice

Post by granddad »

I am getting this error with 2.8L.
missing close-brace
while executing
"namespace eval incith {
namespace eval weather {
# [custom_format] : converts a string to the desired output
#
proc custom_format {htmla..."
(file "scripts/incith-weather.tcl" line 221)
invoked from within
"source scripts/incith-weather.tcl"
Cant find the missing close-brace .
k
kelso
Voice

Post by kelso »

Just wanted to point out, it looks like something changed again on multiple results. I tried to figure it out, it appears to be a slight change in HTML with the regexp, but im not able to get my self made changes to work.

!w united kingdom
!w miami
good examples, i have to keep muting / banning people abusing this.

Thanks
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Sorry all, it seems I had 2.8m sitting around, thought I had released it. This will fix any spewing of html data.
v
vip
Voice

Post by vip »

possible to add www.hurl.ws to the list ??
k
kelso
Voice

Post by kelso »

it appears "south africa" is now spewing out a ton of extra data. Been looking through the tcl to see if i can fix it myself.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

2.8n released to fix windchill not showing up.
kelso wrote:it appears "south africa" is now spewing out a ton of extra data. Been looking through the tcl to see if i can fix it myself.
Didn't see your post until I came to submit this. I do agree it's spewing a lot of data, but not HTML data, which was the point of prior fixes. I've been meaning to add an option that will limit the max length of output to some variable, so that these huge search results (and future HTML spewings) will not happen.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Things seem to have broke today, I'm working on it for tonight.

Update: I may not finish it tonight. I've submitted a ticket to wunderground to get a question answered as well. The changes they did today basically, are now controlling whether temperature is being displayed in C or F (metric or english) or Both, are now being controlled by cookies, and so weather script is only looking for the F degrees, I'll have a bit of rewriting to do. I plan to use something else on wunderground (assuming they fix the issue in my ticket) that should basically make the weather script work forever afterwards.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

2.8o available at incith.com

2.8p will have language support. I will soon be requesting translations once I have made a master language file, stay tuned!
H
Hellster
Voice

Post by Hellster »

just a heads up , all i get with the latest version is this error
[08:28] Tcl error [pub_wz]: can't read "mtemp": no such variable