This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:weather (2.8p) (Dec. 18th, 2008)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
incith
Master

Post by incith »

It's almost ready, another day or two at the most, just using this period of time to make sure there are no further bugs.

Examples of new functionality:
incith wrote:(04:16:05) <incith> !w quebec
(04:16:07) <visitant> Quebec, Quebec (46.8°N/71.4°W); Updated: 6:15 AM EDT (July 23, 2008); Conditions: Light Rain; Temperature: 64.3°F (17.9°C); High/Low: 71/62°F (21/16°C); UV: 0/16; Humidity: 86%; Dew Point: 60°F (16°C); Pressure: 30.07 in/1018.2 hPa; Wind: ENE at 5.8 MPH (9.3 KPH)

(04:16:08) <incith> !w chisinau
(04:16:10) <visitant> Chisinau, Republic of Moldova (47.0°N/29.0°E); Updated: 1:00 PM EEST (July 23, 2008); Conditions: Mostly Cloudy; Temperature: 81°F (27°C); High/Low: 80/66°F (26/18°C); UV: 5/16; Humidity: 58%; Dew Point: 64°F (18°C); Pressure: 29.71 in/1006 hPa; Wind: WNW at 6 MPH (9 KPH)

(04:16:10) <incith> !fc chisinau
(04:16:12) <visitant> Chisinau, Republic of Moldova 3-Day Forecast (High/Low); Updated: 1:00 PM EEST (July 23, 2008); Wednesday: 80% Rain, 80/66°F (26/18°C); Thursday: 90% Rain, 84/71°F (28/21°C); Friday: Partly Cloudy, 89/69°F (31/20°C)

(04:16:25) <incith> !w belgrade, serbia
(04:16:27) <visitant> Belgrade Nikola Tesla, Serbia (44.8°N/20.3°E); Updated: 12:00 PM CEST (July 23, 2008); Conditions: Mostly Cloudy; Temperature: 59°F (15°C); High/Low: 62/50°F (16/10°C); UV: 5/16; Humidity: 82%; Dew Point: 54°F (12°C); Pressure: 29.83 in/1010 hPa; Wind: West at 17 MPH (28 KPH)

(04:16:29) <incith> !fc belgrade, serbia
(04:16:31) <visitant> Belgrade, Serbia 3-Day Forecast (High/Low); Updated: 12:00 PM CEST (July 23, 2008); Wednesday: 30% Chance of Rain, 62/51°F (16/10°C); Thursday: 50% Chance of Rain, 68/53°F (20/11°C); Friday: 30% Chance of Rain, 68/59°F (20/15°C)
So, everything should be working REALLY well now. :D It will show the % chance of precipitation in the forecast data too.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

hurray :o
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

still waiting...
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

eXtremer wrote:still waiting...
You must not know how annoying it is for people to ask, "Are you done yet?". I am assuming you are very young, and don't realize the complexities of holding down a fulltime job/college schedule/wife-kids-family/etc and trying to use your free time to do freelance work in the eggdrop sector. What he has given you is free. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth fine sir, or lad as the case may be. Instead, realize what the delay is.. He has a real life, might as well also assume he has a job of some sort to pay for his housing/food/utilities/internet/etc..

Also, you could've simply edited your post, added your clueless remark. But now you have clearly double posted in an obvious attempt to bump the post (which is against the rules) to get attention. This is again, things that children do, so I will simply type one more line as discipline.

/me spanks eXtremer with a wooden paddle

"It will be ready when it's ready, no sooner, no later. If you cannot wait until then, wait awhile longer." - anonymous scripter
incith
Master

Post by incith »

speechles wrote:
You must not know how annoying it is for people to ask, "Are you done yet?". I am assuming you are very young, and don't realize the complexities of holding down a fulltime job/college schedule/wife-kids-family/etc and trying to use your free time to do freelance work in the eggdrop sector. What he has given you is free. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth fine sir, or lad as the case may be. Instead, realize what the delay is.. He has a real life, might as well also assume he has a job of some sort to pay for his housing/food/utilities/internet/etc..
Haha, wow... yeah, I work fulltime at night, for those of you wondering, it does get, hmm, tiring to keep working on these all the time, we do our best, to keep them updated and working for you, but yes, we also like to live our lives. To date, in the sum total of ALL projects I have EVER worked on, for people on the internet, I have a received ONE donation. Years and years worth of work. So no, the public does not care in general, it is easier to demand. Nor do I ask for money, but consider, if I was actively receiving donations, then one realises where the priorities are, but coding eggdrop is not a priority, as mentioned it does not pay the bills. But we are happy to be able to see our stuff being used by 100's+ of people.

Anyway, as anyone in my IRC channel knows, I haven't been too motivated to work on things lately. I will be releasing 2.8k tonight regardless of whether I'm complete everything I wanted to clean up, the cleanups can wait until later I suppose.

So, within about 18 hours of this post, it should be uploaded/available on incith.com.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

speechles wrote:

Also, you could've simply edited your post, added your clueless remark. But now you have clearly double posted in an obvious attempt to bump the post (which is against the rules) to get attention. This is again, things that children do, so I will simply type one more line as discipline.

/me spanks eXtremer with a wooden paddle

"It will be ready when it's ready, no sooner, no later. If you cannot wait until then, wait awhile longer." - anonymous scripter
hey don't get mad, look what incith wrote:

"Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:19 pm:
It's almost ready, another day or two at the most..."

my post:

"Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 am:
still waiting..."

I'm not being annoying, but if am I'm sry then...!
incith
Master

Post by incith »

No worries eXtremer,

2.8k submitted, there is a bug if a location does not have a temperature but I could not find such a location again afterwards to try and compensate, so once I see it again it will be fixed. Otherwise 2.8k should work really well for a lot of you now.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

incith wrote:No worries eXtremer,

2.8k submitted, there is a bug if a location does not have a temperature but I could not find such a location again afterwards to try and compensate, so once I see it again it will be fixed. Otherwise 2.8k should work really well for a lot of you now.
Good Image it works fine, no more multiple results.
Alchera
Revered One

Error: incith:weather (2.8j)

Post by Alchera »

<Almozo> !fc Saint John, Canada
<SexyLady> Saint John, New Brunswick, 3-Day Forecast (High/Low); Updated: 21:00 ADT (August 06, 2008); Thursday: RSS" width="36" height="14" /></a><ul style="padding: 0; margin: 0; margin-left: 15px; list-style: none; border-style: solid; border-color: #666; border: 1px;"><li style="float: left; position: relative; list-style: none;"><a href="http://rss.wunderground.com/auto/rss_fu ... l?units=bo
<SexyLady> src="http://icons-pe.wxug.com/graphics/rss/rss.gif" alt="RSS" width="91" height="14" border="0" style="vertical-align: bottom;" /></a></li><li style="float: left; position: relative; list-style: none;"><a href="http://www.addtoany.com/?sitename=Weath ... name=Saint John%2C%20New
* SexyLady has quit (Excess Flood)
Happens with Jakarta also. No idea how many others.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Yeah they did some changes today, I've hopefully compensated. It stopped spewing html I guess and started giving an error in partyline afterwards, preventing any output at all. 2.8L released.

@Alchera: Oh, .. just seen your post after I posted, I thought you were posting in relation to the error today. Those locations seem fine now.. actually it looks like it is in relation, as the RSS links are kind of what was screwing up the regexps today.

Edit 5:15am MDT - if anyone downloaded it already, please re-download. Was a small problem with astronomy.
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

The script is not working:

<+eXtremer> !weather Chisinau

Code: Select all

[17:08] incith:weather-2.8k: <eXtremer/#test> !weather Chisinau
[17:08] loop_loc: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
[17:08] Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: couldn't compile regular expression pattern: invalid repetition count(s)
e
edegroot
Voice

Post by edegroot »

Hi, the forecast is working again :D

however, high/low gives me Unavailable:

Amsterdam, Netherlands (52.3°N/4.8°E); Updated: 10:25 PM CEST (August 07, 2008); Conditions: Shallow Fog; Temperature: 64°F (18°C); High/Low: Unavailable; Humidity: 88%; Dew Point: 61°F (16°C); Pressure: 29.65 in/1004 hPa; Wind: SSW at 8 MPH (13 KPH)
incith
Master

Post by incith »

High/Low will only display data if it has data for 'today'. Sometimes when you do a !forecast you will see, it starts on 'tomorrow'. E.g. if today were Thursday, and you did !forecast and it starts on Friday, this is why High/Low is not displaying, because it does not have any data for Thursday. And it would be incorrect to display Friday's high/low for Thursday.
eXtremer wrote:The script is not working:

[17:08] Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: couldn't compile regular expression pattern: invalid repetition count(s)
Because you have not updated.
Last edited by incith on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
Branden
Halfop

Post by Branden »

Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: invalid command name "clock"

Need help! Please!
e
eXtremer
Op

Post by eXtremer »

incith wrote:High/Low will only display data if it has data for 'today'. Sometimes when you do a !forecast you will see, it starts on 'tomorrow'. E.g. if today were Thursday, and you did !forecast and it starts on Friday, this is why High/Low is not displaying, because it does not have any data for Thursday. And it would be incorrect to display Friday's high/low for Thursday.
eXtremer wrote:The script is not working:

Because you have not updated.
Script updated, works fine, thanks incith.