This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:weather (2.8p) (Dec. 18th, 2008)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
H
Hellster
Voice

Post by Hellster »

Bugger, so will need a rewritten script for the new page i guess.
J
JJTX
Voice

Post by JJTX »

play4free2 wrote:Weather Underground has shutdown Classic Wunderground. Classic Wunderground will no longer be available after May 4, 2015.

GAH! That explains why my weather BOT just quit working.

Is the script going to be updated, or changed ?

If not, is there a good alternative that we can install?
i
inittab
Voice

Post by inittab »

removed
Last edited by inittab on Sat May 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H
Hellster
Voice

Post by Hellster »

JJTX wrote:
play4free2 wrote:Weather Underground has shutdown Classic Wunderground. Classic Wunderground will no longer be available after May 4, 2015.
Apparently lilyweather works (for now) as it gets info from the mobile site/page, but for how long who knows
J
JJTX
Voice

Post by JJTX »

Hellster wrote:
JJTX wrote:
Apparently lilyweather works (for now) as it gets info from the mobile site/page, but for how long who knows
I guess I'll wait and see what happens here with this.

I dont really want to keep re scripting the bot.
D
DrJinglesMD
Voice

Post by DrJinglesMD »

removed as requested
Last edited by DrJinglesMD on Sat May 09, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anahel
Halfop

Post by Anahel »

DrJinglesMD wrote:New script utilizing some of inittab's code. Basically using OpenWeatherMap's API to get weather information and using Google's GeoLocation API to get accurate state + country names. Also is able to pull in the old saved locations via "-set ZIPCODE/CITY"

This script doesn't do everything that the old one did, but it;s a good start and it works for the time being.

Support is limited, feel free to fork and improve.

Instructions

# Required steps in short:
# 1. Go to the Google developers console https://console.developers.google.com
# 2. Create a new project. Give it a name like 'eggdrop', doesn't matter much.
# 3. When the project is loaded, select menu "APIs" under "APIs & auth"
# 4. In the list of APIs, enable the "YouTube Data API v3".
# 5. Select menu "Credentials" and click "Create new key".
# 6. Select key type "server".
# 7. Fill in the IP(s) or IP range from which the eggdrop bot will send
# requests to google's servers. This is a whitelist, if the request
# comes from a different IP, it will be rejected.
# Note: If my-ip or my-hostname is configured in eggdrop.conf, they should
# be entered here.
# 8. You now have an API KEY; copy it to the googleapikey variable in CONFIG SECTION
# OpenWeather configuration
# Goto http://openweathermap.org/
# Click Sign Up
# Fill in required boxes
# After sign op, login, and goto http://openweathermap.org/my
# Paate API KEy into apikey variable in CONFIG SECTION

https://github.com/patrick-hudson/EggDr ... eather.tcl
i set everything up but when i want to check weather i get this:

Code: Select all

[21:51:00] Tcl error [hackpatweather::getweather]: can't read "location": no such variable
i'm using eggdrop1.8 (compiled from source) and tcl8.6
D
DrJinglesMD
Voice

Post by DrJinglesMD »

removed as requested
Last edited by DrJinglesMD on Sat May 09, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t
t4uch0r
Voice

Post by t4uch0r »

i got the same prob than Anahel and i used the Geocoding API.

[12:32:40] Tcl error [hackpatweather::getweather]: can't read "location": no such variable

Also i got before that:

[12:29:45] Tcl error [hackpatweather::getweather]: Unsupported URL type "https"

For this i removed the "s" in the config (https) urls to work. But still this "location" error.
i
inittab
Voice

Post by inittab »

removed
Last edited by inittab on Sat May 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

This thread is for incith-weather. Why is there other code here?

This thread isn't for randoms to post code, the place for that code would be the "Script HELP" or "Script REQUESTS" forum, or even YOUR OWN THREAD within "Script RELEASES". Such poor form show by people in this thread. Those (inittab & DrJinglesMD) who posted this stuff, please edit your posts and remove this code. The internet thanks you.

Btw...
<speechles> !wz uki
<sp33chy> speechles's weather request; Ukiah Municipal, California (39.12583160/-123.20083618); Local Time: 7:45 PM (May 07, 2015); Updated: 49 minutes ago; Conditions: clr; Temperature: 69°F (20.6°C); Feels-like: 69°F (20.6°C); High/Low: Unavailable; UV: 1/12; Humidity: 30%; Wind: Variable at 4 MPH (6 KPH)
There are people working on fixing this script. But Wunderground is not allowing exposed access to all their data. They are forcing javascript snippets which must be executed to expose the high/low and forecasts, as well as the "long conditions". Working on fixing it, without leaving anything out. This is just a drawn out process. Expect an update in the future very soon.
i
inittab
Voice

Post by inittab »

I had originally posted as I didn't see anyone else posting about getting incith fixed and posted another option to get data from with a simple example. Hoping someone with more tcl experience could possibly modify incith to pull data from openweatherapi. Seeing as this apparently isn't appreciated, I removed my code.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

New Version: Incith-weather 2.9d
Http://ereader.kiczek.com/incith-weather.tcl

Now before you get too excited. This is an interim broken release. !fc and !sky do not function yet. You have !time and !wz only. !wz is also partially broken. This is because of the variables not exposed in javascript having data we need to complete our weather calls. Trying several sneaky ways to get them to expose the data. There is also no support for multiple locations, yet... There will be, this is just the early advance copy for people watching this thread right now. Expect more updates soon.
D
DrJinglesMD
Voice

Post by DrJinglesMD »

speechles wrote:This thread is for incith-weather. Why is there other code here?

This thread isn't for randoms to post code, the place for that code would be the "Script HELP" or "Script REQUESTS" forum, or even YOUR OWN THREAD within "Script RELEASES". Such poor form show by people in this thread. Those (inittab & DrJinglesMD) who posted this stuff, please edit your posts and remove this code. The internet thanks you.

Btw...
<speechles> !wz uki
<sp33chy> speechles's weather request; Ukiah Municipal, California (39.12583160/-123.20083618); Local Time: 7:45 PM (May 07, 2015); Updated: 49 minutes ago; Conditions: clr; Temperature: 69°F (20.6°C); Feels-like: 69°F (20.6°C); High/Low: Unavailable; UV: 1/12; Humidity: 30%; Wind: Variable at 4 MPH (6 KPH)
There are people working on fixing this script. But Wunderground is not allowing exposed access to all their data. They are forcing javascript snippets which must be executed to expose the high/low and forecasts, as well as the "long conditions". Working on fixing it, without leaving anything out. This is just a drawn out process. Expect an update in the future very soon.
No need to get testy here. We're all here to help. Since the main code in this thread has been updated I removed my code. You could have let those of us know you don't appreciate our help and I'm sure we would have gladly removed it without issue. Secondly maybe stop abusing Wunderground by scraping AKA stealing their data and instead use a real API that is made specifically for that? Don't blame WG because they are trying to protect their assets from people utilizing their service in a way they don't want. If you did that, then none of us would have come in here offering our help.

Either way, I'm glad the script is being updated and look forward to those updates.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

speechles wrote: New Version: Incith-weather 2.9d
Thank you.

And thanks for your time in it.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !