This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Unable to get any scripts working

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
d
dmacdonald111
Voice

Unable to get any scripts working

Post by dmacdonald111 »

Hi all,

I have searched the forum and website for help, but cannot find anything that seems to help.

I am currently running eggrop on an irc channel through Xchat and linux. It connects to the server fine and joins the room okay.

What I'm having problems with is trying to get ANY scripts working. I currently have userquotes.tcl in the scripts directory and have signified that I want this loaded by;

source scripts/userquotes100.tcl

But I still seem to have no luck,

If anyone has any suggestions or if they can point me in the right direction to finding out, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

foxy
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

"What I'm having problems with is trying to get ANY scripts working" is not very informative statement - elaborate on the problems you have (and please read the top sticky topic of this forum)
d
dmacdonald111
Voice

apologies

Post by dmacdonald111 »

Sorry. When I say 'I can't get any scripts working', I mean that I have tried running several scripts (putting them in the scripts directory, making the appropriate changes in the script and the conf file) and the bot joins the channel fine, but when I try any of the commands that are contained in the script, the bot does nothing, not even a response.

I can get help commands, and run the 'in-built' functions, but, for example, I am currently trying to run the userquotes100.tcl script which I have set up following the instructions, but in the chatroom, if I type !quote which it says to, nothing happens.

I have read the sticky at the top. Sorry for the vagueness.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

check the bot's log; or, even better, be logged in (via DCC or telnet) and observe what happens when you try script commands - there might be error messages hinting what's wrong; or you migth not have necessary bot flags to access those commands (you might have not identified with the bot on IRC so the script doesn't recognize you as legitimate user of its commands)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Some scripts require that users have certain flags set. Check if that's the case.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
z
zleppy
Voice

Post by zleppy »

hmm...just a stupid one...which i din't know of in the start..

tried .rehash?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

zleppy wrote:hmm...just a stupid one...which i din't know of in the start..

tried .rehash?
Only 7 weeks late. :P
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM