This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Excess Flood Ban tcl

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
g
gamble
Voice

Excess Flood Ban tcl

Post by gamble »

i need a tcl that will ban on user excess flood and Akilled for example :

* Quits: saravanaraj (~saravanar@219.95.165.6) (Excess Flood)
And it will ban the Ip tt excess flooded

* Quits: Heidi22 (~Heidi22@ca-agoura-cuda2q-222.ventca.adelphia.net) (Killed (services2.dal.net (Autokilled: [AKILL ID:1127523037K-a] [exp/ma] You are infected with an IRC trojan/virus. Visit http://kline.dal.net/exploits/akills.htm#ma [AKILL ID: OS21127523037-100])))
It will ban the ip tht killed ..

but watch it it should not ban ip on ghost command.

Can anyone assist me in this ??

Thanks.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

there is no legitimate reason for banning those

what if that person is being flooded? in such case, "Excess Flood" could mean their irc client is overwhelmed with CTCP requests and automatically floods itself out, trying to answer to all
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

Yeah, I did that once accidently, while someone was loggind into his BNC. He flooded himself off, while answering just 2 CTCP VERSION requests (he had a 3 line response). The fault in that case was rather mIRC (script) than mine :D.
However if someone keeps excess flooding you might want to temp ban him to avoid the unnecessary spam :D.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

* Quits: Heidi22 (~Heidi22@ca-agoura-cuda2q-222.ventca.adelphia.net) (Killed (services2.dal.net (Autokilled: [AKILL ID:1127523037K-a] [exp/ma] You are infected with an IRC trojan/virus. Visit http://kline.dal.net/exploits/akills.htm#ma [AKILL ID: OS21127523037-100])))
As StatsServ is already doing this bit almost immediately the infected client joins any channel, there is absolutely no point in requesting a script "banning" them from your channel, even if they manage to reconnected using their IP they'll get banned.

What you could do if you find this a tad annoying is set your channel to +R as they are not registered nicks and will not be able to enter.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM