This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ban script on ip

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
w
whiteshark
Halfop

ban script on ip

Post by whiteshark »

hello i looking for a script that when i type !ban 23.12.345.123 that the user banned from the channel for twenty days or longer en when i type !unban 23.12.345.123 the user has unband.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

use a ban script with public commands. ip bans can be made via *!*@1.2.3.4 as ban mask. there must be quite a few scripts beeing able to do such things. I have published one mself and I know there were plenty others before it ^-^.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

IMO any form of controlling eggdrop's channel management features via public commands is inherently lame

you can never be sure whether nobody will be able to impersonate +o or higher (by hostmask) and therefore abuse your bot; and if you were to have some form of auth via password as prerequisite, you wouldn't be needing public commands anyway
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

demond wrote:IMO any form of controlling eggdrop's channel management features via public commands is inherently lame

you can never be sure whether nobody will be able to impersonate +o or higher (by hostmask) and therefore abuse your bot; and if you were to have some form of auth via password as prerequisite, you wouldn't be needing public commands anyway
Telnetting into a bot each and every single time one wants to do anything channel wise is time consuming and long winded for many. If a bot is properly setup and running a properly scripted (safe) public commands script from a known reliable scripter and there is an authorizing option, then I cannot see a problem.

A problem will occur (possibly) where bot users connect from cyber cafe's; they are all clones.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Alchera wrote: Telnetting into a bot each and every single time one wants to do anything channel wise is time consuming and long winded for many.
that's why there is rconsole ;)

I never telnet to my bots since I'm logged into all of them, all the time, and I have full control of my botnet at my fingertips on a single local console - something that no public commands script, however sophisticated and secure, provides; and couldn't possibly provide, ever, because eggdrop is designed to be controlled from dcc console
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

You just reminded me of what I need to install (rconsole). :lol:

Been ill with pnuemonia and haven't been able to load it into my bots.

P.S I do run a public command script (my own) on my bots but that's because I loan them out and I will not allow party line access to anyone.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM