This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

tcl error in ex_cleanup

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
e
evildude
Voice

tcl error in ex_cleanup

Post by evildude »

Don't flame me too much but does anyone know why I get this error on the partyline of a *caugh* windrop?

Tcl error [ex_cleanup]: list element in quotes followed by ":" instead of space
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

because of applying list operations directly to string, which is incorrect (see FAQ section)

also, read sticky topics across forums and learn how to report problems
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
e
evildude
Voice

Post by evildude »

This is a problem I am seeing with the netbots. I didn't see any other posts about it so I didn't know if it was an issue with netbots or windrop. And thanks for your non-response.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

try this:

#open 'extras.tcl' from netbots
#search for on line ~61
  foreach file $files {
#replace with
  foreach file [split $files \n] {
#save, close and reload file/bot
if this works, we might want to report fix to slenox, if he doesnt read it anyway.
in case you get wired results now please post the return of '.tcl exec ls -a', because it seems your OS returns wired things in that case. If you use windrop, you should install "ls" for cygwin.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

evildude wrote:This is a problem I am seeing with the netbots. I didn't see any other posts about it so I didn't know if it was an issue with netbots or windrop. And thanks for your non-response.
oh, identifying the reason for your problem, as per your question, is a non-response to you? you demand more, although you can't be bothered with reading sticky topics and learning how to assist those who waste their time to help you?

heh
use

e
evildude
Voice

Post by evildude »

Give me some of what you're smoking.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

I haven't looked at the problem, but I suspect demond is correct and De Kus's fix is appropriate. Not planning any new releases of netbots.tcl at the moment.

If it weren't for the fact that it doesn't seem right to "cover up" my own bugs, I'd have deleted this thread, because the script name isn't mentioned in the topic.
e
evildude
Voice

Post by evildude »

Thank you, but I didn't know that it was a bug, I asked if anybody knew why the error occurred. I had an idea that it was located in extras.tcl but I wasn't sure if that was the script that was actually causing the error. I've been seeing that error for a very long time and have been checking here sometimes to see if any else was getting it. I did a forum search for several key words and nothing had been posted. I didn't know if it was being caused by some part of netbots, windrop, active tcl or what.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

@ evildude

In future you will follow the forum rules regarding posting, especially the "Subject" or risk having your posts removed.
demond wrote:also, read sticky topics across forums and learn how to report problems
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

evildude wrote:Thank you, but I didn't know that it was a bug, I asked if anybody knew why the error occurred. I had an idea that it was located in extras.tcl but I wasn't sure if that was the script that was actually causing the error. I've been seeing that error for a very long time and have been checking here sometimes to see if any else was getting it. I did a forum search for several key words and nothing had been posted. I didn't know if it was being caused by some part of netbots, windrop, active tcl or what.
that's why I suggested to you reading sticky topics and learning how to report probs; if you had done that prior posting here, you would have learned that there is more to that error, and you can get a traceback by using .set errorInfo, which could have pointed out the culprit script
use