This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

egg+psybnc - different nicks on different networks - how

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
e
eggdropout
Voice

egg+psybnc - different nicks on different networks - how

Post by eggdropout »

I am using egdrop 1.6.17 + latest version of psybnc (eggdrop connect to psybnc locally). Now I know psybnc supports different nicks on different networks, and nicks can be changed by typing /nick networkprefix'newnick to change nick on specified network.

Ok, but how to make the eggdrop issue this command? I tried .nick through telnet but it seems to change my handle and not bot's nick. In eggdrop.conf there's only one option for nickname, so i guess ill have to make the bot automatically change nicks and not allow him to force default nick on all networks (because mIRC seems to be doing this - on reconnect it changes all nicks to default nick so one has to change nicks on every restart of mIRC).

Or maybe force the psybnc to use a certain nick for a certain network and not listen to eggdrop, but how?

Hope someone will be able to help. :roll:
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

the thing you are looking for is called "init-server" and is within the .conf file. However you will need to now basics about the IRC protocol to use it right.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
e
eggdropout
Voice

Post by eggdropout »

That's what I got in my .ini file:

Code: Select all

# This is a Tcl script to be run immediately after connecting to a server.
bind evnt - init-server evnt:init_server

proc evnt:init_server {type} {
  global botnick
  putquick "MODE $botnick +ih-ws"
}
Now, I tried this:

Code: Select all

putquick "NICK prefix'newbotnick"
The bot did change nick, but not immediately, like two seconds after it joined channel on that network. Also I had to do bquit and bconnect to make it execute the init script :?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

well, when the nickchange is being initialized is a psybnc thing. the bot will send it right after login to IRC (meaning as soon the BNC send the cached welcome, MOTD, etc.). As you can figure it triggers only when the bot connects to the bnc and not when the bnc actually connects to IRC.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...