This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Wcc: it's about time, don't you think?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
demond
Revered One

Wcc: it's about time, don't you think?

Post by demond »

...to release eggdrop 1.6.18 or whatever version will be next

no doubt .17 is stable enough, but it still has annoying bugs that prevent some scripts from functioning properly (for example, truncation of chansets; I gather that has been fixed 10 months ago in the CVS)

we're well in the second year without a new release, and you must have more than enough bug fixes by now to justify rolling out .18

I hope dev team folks ("eggheads") read these forums; if they don't, they should, since these forums are much more popular than their mailing lists
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
W
Wcc
Master

Post by Wcc »

Hey,

Sorry for the late response. I don't read these forums as often as I should :) The best way to contact the dev team is via the mailing lists.

There are a few things left to be finished on 1.6.18. I hope to release 1.6.17 RC1 by the end of the year, but there is still a bit of unfinished code we are working on for the notes module.

Will
BarkerJr
Op

Post by BarkerJr »

I think he means 1.6.18 RC1. I must admit, I don't read the forums as often as I should.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

If you want to know some infos about the delay, you might want read on the topic It has been confirmed, we are dying.
However you might not like to read it, too. Its up to you ;).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Tothwolf
Voice

Post by Tothwolf »

De Kus wrote:If you want to know some infos about the delay, you might want read on the topic It has been confirmed, we are dying.
However you might not like to read it, too. Its up to you ;).
If you are going to post this link, you really should post a link to the rest of the thread, as that particular email contains a lot of inaccurate information.

I think a link to one of the followups might be in order here:
http://eggheads.org/pipermail/eggdev/2005-November/026645.html

...and perhaps a link to the complete thread:
The Eggdev November 2005 Archive by thread

It also seems its been so long since I followed the egghelp forums that I had to recreate my login...
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I was thinking about it, but I thought people know or would figure it out how to click on "next message" or "thread" by themselves, so pointing out the follow ups would intend a negative impression of the readers intelligence :D.
Don't take this as a personal offensive, I believe you wrote your side of the story in the follow ups, I just posted the beginning of the "battle" or whatever you want it refered as.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...