This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

2 questions about eggdrop

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
i
inferno

Post by inferno »

first of all i wanna say im really new to this eggdrop.. so thats why this question maybee seems pretty dumb to u...

anyway: first and most importan question how do I adduser with a hostmask i write... I want to adduser with their specific hostmask, when I use .adduser its a to simple hostmask... anyone who got that isp can get op...

second question:

how do i make the eggdropp to join a channel with the channel name starts with the letter "ä"?? can i download a new language to the eggdropp or something?

plzz help me :grin:
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

to question 1:
try: .+user Nick hostmask

to Question 2:
I'm not sure, I never tried it, but afaik there are different languages available.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Question 1: Sounds like you are using auto-op, which is (IMHO) a very large security risk! Even with weak hostmasks, you can make eggdrop more secure, by not using auto-op, using strong user passwords and telling your users to use the "/msg <bot> op <password>" method.

Question 2: This has nothing to do with language files, it is a high bit character problem, see this post for more information
http://www.egghelp.org/forum/viewtopic. ... forum=2&18

strdarg, any news on the fixed up patch for that.
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

As far as I know, that patch doesn't need any fixing. You don't even need the patch, just get the latest cvs version of 1.6.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

True, but I thought you might have re-created the patch, for those that do not wish to use the CVS server.
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

and don't forget, sometimes the cvs version of egg is broken in some respects, so you definatly don't wanna be running a critical bot with it.