This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

can't connect

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
c
confused
Voice

can't connect

Post by confused »

i have a problem connecting my bots to the chat server..they are running from the place i have them..i get this:

I detect GuardBot already running from this directory.

so they are running but just won't go into the irc channels they are set for..the place i have them have changed to debian and upgraded..i've checked all conf. files and nothing seems amiss..it's just like they are blocked..no bans set for them etc..i've exhausted every avenue..hope someone can help :?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

login to telnet and see what's happening.
c
confused
Voice

can't connect

Post by confused »

thanx for replying....i use putty to telnet and that is the message i get....i've been looking through all the files and the conf files look fine..nothing is different..the only thing i found that is only minor..is that it also says : ===GuardBot: 5 channels, 4 users.

if it was connecting to the chat rooms it's to go too i could understand why it says 4 users..but it won't even connect to the server....

i just wish i knew more :? i'm learning though :)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I detect GuardBot already running from this directory.
Kill the process and restart your bot.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
c
confused
Voice

Post by confused »

hi alchera....we killed the 3 bots off and started again and the same message keeps coming up....i've e-mailed the people i get them from as they upgraded just recently and went to debian so maybe it's still a block from their end ..fingers crossed..ty so much for replying