This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

NetBots v4.10 - Can't DCC Chat with bot when NB is loaded

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
d
daedalus01
Voice

NetBots v4.10 - Can't DCC Chat with bot when NB is loaded

Post by daedalus01 »

I have a very odd issue with my v1.6.17 eggdrops/botnet. They all used to reside on my web server at home (which is on a lan with other computers), but I'm back at college so I wanted to take two of the four eggdrops to school with me.

Before I moved the bots, I +host 'd my college hostmask to my username so that the bots would still recognize me as the proper owner. I was able to dcc chat with them (at home) from here (college).

Once I got all that working properly, I rar'd up two of the four eggdrops and send it to myself here at college. I unrar'd them and started them up without making any changes to the configuration.

When I try to dcc chat with them, this is what happens (i blanked out my pw):

Chat with icarus0
Waiting for acknowledgement...
DCC Chat connection established
————————————————————
[12:38am] <icarus0> Enter your password.
[12:38am] <daedalus0> ********

and then nothing... It never sends me its status dump nor allows me to send any commands. Talking to the bot via telnet yields the same problem.

HOWEVER, if I comment out the line that loads the netbots script, everything works (besides netbots obviously). I can telnet into my bots from any location once I unload netbots. So I'm thinking that it's not a portforwarding issue. I can't understand the relationship between that script loading and my unability to have a successful dcc chat.

Also, I tried deleteing my userfiles, and doing eggdrop -m (basically starting over) and reinstalling netbots v4.10. Oddly enough, I had this problem in Februrary (using netbots v4.09), but I can't remember how I fixed it.

Can anyone help me? Thanks for your consideration.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

try setting nb_chon to 0, see if that helps
d
daedalus01
Voice

Post by daedalus01 »

demond wrote:try setting nb_chon to 0, see if that helps
That worked! Thank you so much, I never would have thought to turn that off.
In doing so, I lose this sort of info when I initially dcc chat (which is fine):

<athena0> Running netbots.tcl v4.10
<athena0> 1 bot on the botnet.
<athena0> 1 netbot (3 offline or not linked: helios0, zeus0, icarus0)

How come turning nb_chon to 0 fixes the problem anyway?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

probably there's some glitch in the CHON handler, which doesn't get executed if nb_chon is 0; maybe slennox will take a look at it
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

nb_chon hasn't changed in years, and I haven't had any reports of this problem in recent memory or experienced it myself. Moving bots without recompiling can sometimes lead to weird behaviour, or it could also be a conflict with another script.
d
daedalus01
Voice

Post by daedalus01 »

slennox wrote:nb_chon hasn't changed in years, and I haven't had any reports of this problem in recent memory or experienced it myself. Moving bots without recompiling can sometimes lead to weird behaviour, or it could also be a conflict with another script.
It's actually a Windrop, so I don't actually compile it :) I'll have to check to see if it still does it.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

wow, it took you 5 months to respond :)

even Wcc beats you :P
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
d
daedalus01
Voice

Post by daedalus01 »

Haha, I guess it never emailed me about a response. I just happened to look at this post because I made another one in the Egghelp section: http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=11162

Maybe you can help me? :)