This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Public commands using staff channel

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
s
souly
Voice

Public commands using staff channel

Post by souly »

Hello. I've recently bought a shell and installed an eggdrop on it. I'm currently using several scripts such as the IMDB, phpbb2egg, and so on. they all work great. But, now I'm searching for a usefull script to manage my channel using the staff channel.

Lets say my channel is #chan, and the staff channel is #chan.staff. I'm in need of a public chan script who will let anyone inside #chan.staff, opped or not, to use commands such as !op, !kick, etc who will be executed at #chan only.

I've been searching alot for a script like this, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Any help regarding a script such as this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Soul.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Example:

Code: Select all

bind pub - !kick pub:kick

proc pub:kick {nick uhost hand chan arg} {
 if {![string equal -nocase #chan.staff $chan]} { return 0 }
 set t [lindex [split $arg] 0]
 set r [join [lrange [split $arg] 1 end]]
 if {[botisop #chan]} {
  if {[onchan $t #chan]} {
   puthelp "kick #chan $t :$r"
  } {
   puthelp "notice $nick :$t is not on #chan"
  }
 } {
  puthelp "notice $nick :I'm not op on #chan"
 }
}
s
souly
Voice

Post by souly »

I will now work on it and try to set everything using the example youve given me, Thank you! :).
Best Regards,
Soul.
s
souly
Voice

Post by souly »

Sorry for bouncing/double reply, but I'm having some troubles with modifying some of the commands. could you give me an example of a ban command, kb, and some kind of a mode change command?

Plus, if you could somehow add the script a self check that $t isn't him, so he won't kick himself.

Sorry for annoying, and thanks if you are able to help :).
Best Regards,
Soul.