This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

shoutcastv1.03 or... +D flag ?

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
D
Decl
Voice

shoutcastv1.03 or... +D flag ?

Post by Decl »

I also got a problem with shoutcastv1.03.tcl script.

Every DJ must have a global +D flag, as the config says. Otherwise the commands to add dj on-air and off-air won't work.

I was adding this +D flag to users on bot, but bot suddenly "forgets" them after some time... just after about 1..2 hours this global +D flag is gone by some reason from the user. I have tried to .save after adding the flag, but doesn't help. First this +D flag is there and commands work, when it's there. But as soon as +D is gone (and it dissapears somewhy), the Shoutcast commands don't work.

It's normal, but I would wanna know why +D dissapears from all users. What could the reason be ? :o

EDIT Now I found out, that +D dissapears as soon, as the user disconnects from the IRC server. When user stays online, the flag stays as well. As soon as user reconnects, the flag is gone and bot refuses to remember exactly THIS flag, since ALL other flags are all kept in bot's memory. What's the problem ? :roll:
Last edited by Decl on Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.clanbaseradio.com
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Decl wrote:What's the problem ?
The script is probably written that way. Contact the author.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
D
Decl
Voice

Post by Decl »

The problem definately ain't in the script. When I don't load the script and add +D flag, after what I reconnect - bot already forgets the +D flag. It doesn't have any connection with the script (simply this current script needs user to have +D, so the commands would work).

Could it be something with the bot itself, maybe something set wrong in the config or elsewhere ? :o
www.clanbaseradio.com
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

there should be no config for that. at least I dont know any. I havent had any troubles with custom user flags so far, so I would rather blame another script.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...