This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DNS & Vhost Query

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
R
Roots
Voice

DNS & Vhost Query

Post by Roots »

I'm running a:
Intel Celeron 1.3Ghz / 512MB SD 133 / 40GB HDD / Suse 10.0 with a 10Mbps down / 2mbps up internet connection. (server).

I want to use this machine to run several eggdrops on, although i have a network of 5 machines already running on the same server via the same IP.

I own several .com & .co.uk domain names and was wondering if there is anyway of making my eggdrops run from my linux server ^^ and at the same time utilise the domain names as vhosts so that they appear to be from a different IP address to that of my network.

The reason i would want to do this is because i already have the maximum limit of 5 users on the same IP on the same network.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

that can only be done if you have the reverse DNS authority over your IP network (that is, if someone on Internet inquires about the hostname associated with your IP 1.2.3.4 and that inquiry comes to your DNS server which replies with host.yourdomain.com - something your ISP normally won't allow)
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code