This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

commands

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
R
Rhedd
Voice

commands

Post by Rhedd »

Hi ! This my first post here all though I have been scanning these forums and archives for hours . I am hoping someone can write a lil script for me .
I need something that when someone types @commands in channel it gives a list of commands the I have defined .
eg:
joeblo : @commands
eggbot : @define , @trivia , @help , @etc .... all on one line in like one sentance , so they get them quick and dont get flooded . I have looked and looked and maybe over looked but I havent been able to find exactly what I need . Thnks You .
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Code: Select all

set commands {@define @trivia @help @etc}
bind pub - @commands foo
proc foo {n u h c t} {
    puthelp "privmsg $c :[join $::commands {, }]"
}
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
R
Rhedd
Voice

Post by Rhedd »

all tho i didnt really expect to get an answer so soon . I have no clue what u have just said or how to use it . Some comment would have been nice . like where to put the chanels it should work on . and it looks like an on join script that , people would get this list of commands on join , which would be anoying if they got this everytime . remember please I know nothing about tcl , I only just started with this eggdrop today . I got it up and running on my first try but have been searching for scripts that work with it all day . thankyou for such a quick response .
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Rhedd wrote:all tho i didnt really expect to get an answer so soon . I have no clue what u have just said or how to use it . Some comment would have been nice . like where to put the chanels it should work on . and it looks like an on join script that , people would get this list of commands on join , which would be anoying if they got this everytime . remember please I know nothing about tcl , I only just started with this eggdrop today . I got it up and running on my first try but have been searching for scripts that work with it all day . thankyou for such a quick response .
1) You did not request that it triggers on selected channels.
2) It is definitely not an "onjoin" script.
3) A user triggers the script by typing >> @command << in main.
4) Copy and paste into a text file (using Notepad on Windows system), save it with any filename you choose BUT it must have the .tcl extention.
5) Load the script via your conf file (see bottom of file for examples).
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

your intuition deceives you :P that [join] has nothing to do with joining channels, it's a Tcl command for joining list elements into string
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
R
Rhedd
Voice

Post by Rhedd »

ty i understand a lil better now , got the script loaded after editing the triggers and worked from get go
since then i have been reading a few tutorials and understand the script a lil better now too . Thnx for writing is so quick :))