This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

"botnetop: requested ops from Bot1 on #NewChannel"

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
g
ghirsch
Voice

"botnetop: requested ops from Bot1 on #NewChannel"

Post by ghirsch »

I cant figure it out and I know its something Im missing here. Im running eggdrop 1.6.17 with Netbots 4.10. My botnet work beautifully except when I make them join a new channel. Once I do a netjoin #Channel and op the hubbot all the bots op each other accordingly and behave but when I dcc to the console of the bots all I see over and over is:

"botnetop: requested ops from LeafBot1 on #NewChannel"
"botnetop: requested ops from LeafBot2 on #NewChannel"

Any idea of why this is happening and how I might be able to fix it? It only compains when I add them to a new channel. Yet the existing 3 channels Ive always kept them in do not complain about requested ops.

Thanks.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

have you made sure the bot which requests the op sees itself as having op? Have you sync it with a -o+o bot bot?
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
g
ghirsch
Voice

Post by ghirsch »

Thanks for the response. Im not sure if I understand what your saying but I think you pointed me in the right direction. Please let me know if you think this is my problem.

When I do a .whois on my HubBot it says "Can't find anyone matching that." When I do a .whois of the HubBot on a LeafBot I get " HubBot= BOT FLAGS: ghp".

Question is, do I need to add the HubBot to itself? If so how should I do it? Thanks again.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I don't think you got what I meant... don't do '.whois bot' but '.channel #chan'.
I don't believe you need to add itself, at least I haven't heared something about doing so :D.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
g
ghirsch
Voice

Post by ghirsch »

When I do a .channel #chan on the HubBot it properly lists all the users and bots in the channel. Im not clear on what this accomplishes. I still have my HubBot repeating in the console "botnetop: requested ops from LeafBot" for all the leafbots on the entire botnet.