This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

New users not allowed to call scripts?

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
R
Random
Voice

New users not allowed to call scripts?

Post by Random »

I have an eggdrop bot setup, and it's running nicely enough - except that it seems as though most users cannot run a script I have installed.

The script is the Quickvote v1.02 script, and normally to get usage info you type *vote into the channel, and can then vote with like *vote votehere, and similar.
This works fine for me (bot owner) and a friend who's got auto ops, but for some reason doens't seem to work at all (*vote gives no response) to people just joined. Saying hello to the bot, setting a password, or registering with the nickserv make no difference.

I *have* noticed that *yes or *no (used to submit your vote) ALWAYS seem to work, so I imagine it's a part of the script that's stopping *vote from working with normal members.

However, I'm not exactly fluent in tcl, so I can't say I have any idea what part of the script it would be.

If any of you have any insight, that would be great.

The part of the script that echoes usage:

Code: Select all

bind pub o|o [cmdchar]vote pub_vote
proc pub_vote {nick uhost hand chan rest} {
 global vote vote_displays
 if {$rest == ""} {vote_out $nick "Calling Syntax: [cmdchar]vote Question"
                   vote_out $nick "Include +oponly to indicate only OPs may vote."
                   vote_out $nick "vote nick/sitemask +ban  to start a vote2ban"
                   vote_out $nick "vote nick/sitemask +pban  to start a vote2permban"
                   vote_out $nick "vote nick/sitemask +gban  to start a vote2globalpermban"
                   vote_out $nick "vote nick +op  to start a vote4permchanops"

vote_out $nick "vote nick/sitemask -ban  to start a vote2unban"
                   vote_out $nick "vote nick/sitemask -pban  to start a vote2unpermban"
                   vote_out $nick "vote nick/sitemask -gban  to start a vote2globalunpermban"
                   vote_out $nick "abort   Will abort the current vote"
                   return 0}

Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Code: Select all

bind pub o|o [cmdchar]vote pub_vote
This means the bind will trigger only when users with a global or chan-specific +o flag send *vote to the channel, if you want everybody to be able to use it then change o|o to -.
R
Random
Voice

Post by Random »

Woot! it works!
Thanks a load :D