This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

How to use a dll with eggdrop?

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
d
darton
Op

How to use a dll with eggdrop?

Post by darton »

Hello!
I have a dll and with mirc I just have to type "/dll <dllname> command". Is it possible that my eggdrop can load this dll-file and can do a command with it? If so, can you make a script?
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

Generally it's not possible. You won't be able to load any mIRC compabible dll files. There are some modules/libraries for Tcl which can be loaded but you won't rather need it.
Que?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

they have to be compatible eggdrop modules as .so for eggdrop and .dll for windrop. they can then be loaded with "loadmodule name", if placed in the module subdir. I am not sure if the actuall eggdrop binary must be compiled with knowledge of that module.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
d
darton
Op

Post by darton »

De Kus wrote:they have to be compatible eggdrop modules as .so for eggdrop and .dll for windrop. they can then be loaded with "loadmodule name", if placed in the module subdir. I am not sure if the actuall eggdrop binary must be compiled with knowledge of that module.
I placed the dll-file into the module subdir and added in my script the line "loadmodule mIRC_Ren".
With mIRC I can run a command with this file("/dll <dllname> command"). How it is possible to do this with the windrop?
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO LOAD mIRC DLL FILES TO EGGDROP!
Que?
d
darton
Op

Post by darton »

But De Kus said that the windrop can load dll-files.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

darton wrote:But De Kus said that the windrop can load dll-files.
De Kus wrote:... they have to be compatible eggdrop modules as .so for eggdrop and .dll for windrop.
You just cannot plonk any old .dll written exclusively to use mIRC into a Windrop and expect it to load let alone even work.

You will have to write your own. You are competent in C?

You could try Google and see if someone somewhere has written some for Windrop. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
d
darton
Op

Post by darton »

The dll-file I have is not written only for mIRC. It is written in C. So I think it is possible to load it with windrop, isn't it?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Not necessarily.

Windrop Central - News
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
d
darton
Op

Post by darton »

What is not necessary?
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

The only .dll files which can be loaded by eggdrop/windrop are eggdrop modules. If you want to load a .dll file to windrop you have write it (in C language) as a module. For more info check an woobie module which can be found in any package containing eggdrop source code.

Have you tried loading your custom module already? Did you checked .'.loadmod modname' commadn on party-line? Did you saw any error messages? If yes then give up on this 'case you won't be able to load it at any time.
Que?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

moreover, you would also need to implement a [dll] script command which would invoke your DLL function (analogous to mIRC's /dll)
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

If you have the source code of the .dll file, you would only need to study the documention of the woobie module to add either tcl binds to events or tcl command names. Addionally add the required init function and of course replace all functions not supported by GCC (either Cygwin or MAYBE MinGW) in case it was written for MVC which is very likely the case for a module that was intented for a windows only product like mIRC.
However without the source you would probably have to write a module with the only intention to load mIRC based .dll and wrap all mIRC events to eggdrop events as far as that is even possible. Maybe you will even need to emulate some events. In the end, I am pretty sure, its much easier to write an equivalent TCL script (or C/C++ module) :D.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...