This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

rssnews reader with gzip support

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
r
redline
Voice

rssnews reader with gzip support

Post by redline »

Can Someone make rss reader with gzip support i want one for http://rss.binsearch.info/
thx
s
scotteh
Halfop

Post by scotteh »

I just added support for it in rss-synd. Not the nicest code (it depends on the external exec's cat & gunzip), but it works. You can test the beta version at http://labs.wizzer-it.com/projects/rss-synd/rss-synd-0.3b1.zip. Take a look at the 'gzip-example' feed, also if you find any bugs id greatly appriciate it if you emailed me about them.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

I am willing to add Content-Encoding: gzip support to my script rssnews, but you'll need to install some zlib wrapper package, like Trf or CritLib in order to be able to use such feature; thus the data won't be piped through external programs

let me know if you are willing to do that
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
s
scotteh
Halfop

Post by scotteh »

Ah thats what i was looking for, only thing i could find when i searched for a package to deflate gzip was TclCurl.
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

demond wrote:I am willing to add Content-Encoding: gzip support to my script rssnews, but you'll need to install some zlib wrapper package, like Trf or CritLib in order to be able to use such feature; thus the data won't be piped through external programs
Can't you use compress module from eggdrop? It can compress and decompress gzip files/data without problems.
Que?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

KrzychuG wrote:
demond wrote:I am willing to add Content-Encoding: gzip support to my script rssnews, but you'll need to install some zlib wrapper package, like Trf or CritLib in order to be able to use such feature; thus the data won't be piped through external programs
Can't you use compress module from eggdrop? It can compress and decompress gzip files/data without problems.
I can, but its Tcl bindings also work on file level, i.e. I'd have to store data in file first, which is equivalent to spawning gzip to handle it
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code