This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Trivia 2000 Version 2.1 Released

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
N
Nohani
Voice

Post by Nohani »

Hi Ian Highlander

thanks for the response. This time Ive read the config file. Thanks :)

Now the bot is on in my channel. I already started it by !start and chose a category by !choose. But it does not at all ask any question.

When I say !start again, it says: The game is already running!

If I say !choose, it responds: Game is already running, please either wait for it to finish or enter !stop then !choose again to set category

Whats the problem now? Did I again miss something this time.

I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Did you change this by any chance?

Code: Select all

#Tells the bot wether or not the game is already running
#DONT TOUCH THIS!
set gameplaying 0
If you did, then change it back and rehash your bot again, if you didnt then I have no idea why its not working, are you getting any errors in the partyline? Is this on an eggdrop or a windrop?
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
N
Nohani
Voice

Post by Nohani »

Ian-Highlander wrote:Did you change this by any chance?

Code: Select all

#Tells the bot wether or not the game is already running
#DONT TOUCH THIS!
set gameplaying 0
If you did, then change it back and rehash your bot again, if you didnt then I have no idea why its not working, are you getting any errors in the partyline? Is this on an eggdrop or a windrop?
Thanks for the response.

No, I did not change this value. I'm not getting any error in the partline.

I've installed latest eggdrop.

I dont know what to do now. :shock:
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Couple of things you can try.

Issue the !stop command because that should reset that variable to 0 and the bot shouldnt think the game is playing anymore, then try !start again and see what happens.

Restart your bot instead of rehashing (this should not be necessary but I am completely running out of ideas here).

Did you get a question initially when you did !start the first time round? If so did you change the timers in the header to huge lengths or anything? (default is 15, 25, 35 and 45).

Failing that I have no idea and if you are getting no errors then I can see no reason why it wouldnt work as that version has been fully tested on all versions of Eggdrop from 1.3.23 up to 1.6.17 and is used by thousands of people with no such reports by anyone. I'm completely stumped.

You say you are using the very latest version of eggdrop which I assume you mean you are using "1.6.18 RC1" which I havent as yet tested the script on but cant see any reason why it wouldnt work. If I get time later I'll fire it up on that version and see if I get the same issues or not. (unless anyone else on here can confirm they've tried it and if its working ok or not on that version?).
N
Nohani
Voice

Post by Nohani »

Ian-Highlander wrote:Couple of things you can try.

Issue the !stop command because that should reset that variable to 0 and the bot shouldnt think the game is playing anymore, then try !start again and see what happens.

Restart your bot instead of rehashing (this should not be necessary but I am completely running out of ideas here).

Did you get a question initially when you did !start the first time round? If so did you change the timers in the header to huge lengths or anything? (default is 15, 25, 35 and 45).

Failing that I have no idea and if you are getting no errors then I can see no reason why it wouldnt work as that version has been fully tested on all versions of Eggdrop from 1.3.23 up to 1.6.17 and is used by thousands of people with no such reports by anyone. I'm completely stumped.

You say you are using the very latest version of eggdrop which I assume you mean you are using "1.6.18 RC1" which I havent as yet tested the script on but cant see any reason why it wouldnt work. If I get time later I'll fire it up on that version and see if I get the same issues or not. (unless anyone else on here can confirm they've tried it and if its working ok or not on that version?).
Hi Ian-Highlander

thanks for your detailed response

Trivia is running well except Queen :). All categories are working well but when I choose Queen, it does not asks any questions at all

May be I'm the only one who is facing this problem. It is fine with me.

Thank you for your support
s
slacker
Voice

trivia2000v2.1

Post by slacker »

I am also having problem starting the game. I changed everything that required change.
Here is what I am getting:

<GSTDLS> !start
<Slack> There is no category set please select a category by entering !choose
<GSTDLS> !choose Geography
<Slack> 'Trivia 2000' Version 2.1 ©Ian-Highlander 2000-2006 started, please wait for a moment.
<Slack> 'Trivia 2000' Inspired by ^norma ------------------- ('I can't play word games')
<Slack> Please select a category of questions to be answered

<man> !choose queen
<Slack> 'Trivia 2000' Version 2.1 ©Ian-Highlander 2000-2006 started, please wait for a moment.
<Slack> 'Trivia 2000' Inspired by ^norma ------------------- ('I can't play word games')
<Slack> Please select a category of questions to be answered
<Slack> Current categories available are: Geography, Entertainment, History, Art & Literature, Science & Nature, Sport & Leisure, Queen
<Slack> To choose a category simply type in the first word of that category.

Will appreciate your help
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

That's not how you choose a category you do it like this:

<Ian-Highlander> !choose
<Mcleod> 'Trivia 2000' Version 2.2 ©Ian-Highlander 2000-2006 started, please wait for a moment.
<Mcleod> 'Trivia 2000' Inspired by ^norma ------------------- ('I can't play word games')
<Mcleod> Please select a category of questions to be answered
<Mcleod> Current categories available are: Geography, Entertainment, History, Art & Literature, Science & Nature, Sport & Leisure, Queen
<Mcleod> To choose a category simply type in the first word of that category.
<Ian-Highlander> geography
<Mcleod> Questions set to Geography by Ian-Highlander enter !start to play!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Wouldn't it be easier if you make it:
!choose <category>
and if <category> doesn't exists (or none was entered) the bot will reply
Available categories: bla bla...
otherwise, the category will be set.