This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop RSS Syndication (rss-synd) v0.5b1

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
v
vBm
Voice

Post by vBm »

Is it possible to 'save' last retrieved data from rss and then after new check ( after defined check time has passed ) to compare it with last chunks ... so if it matches not to display 'em ?

(hope i was clear enough with what i'm trying to do)
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

You want it not to display old data repeatedly is that what you're saying, because if so that would be awesome, I'd like such a feature as it happens quite frequently sometimes :/
I see j00!
v
vBm
Voice

Post by vBm »

wac wrote:You want it not to display old data repeatedly is that what you're saying, because if so that would be awesome, I'd like such a feature as it happens quite frequently sometimes :/
exactly wac ... i want not to show old data :)
e
eggysoldier
Voice

Post by eggysoldier »

Hi,
I was testing out this script and left the default feed/db in place to try it out and get this:

Code: Select all

[16:29] RSS Warning: couldn't open "./scripts/feeds/slashdot.db": no such file or directory.
[16:29] RSS Database Error: couldn't open "./scripts/feeds/slashdot.db": no such file or directory.
:?
Any ideas what's wrong? Does it not make those files automatically?
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

eggysoldier wrote:Hi,
I was testing out this script and left the default feed/db in place to try it out and get this:

[16:29] RSS Warning: couldn't open "./scripts/feeds/slashdot.db": no such file or directory.
[16:29] RSS Database Error: couldn't open "./scripts/feeds/slashdot.db": no such file or directory.
It does, if you would have waited it would have happened automagically... *sigh*
I see j00!
e
eggysoldier
Voice

Post by eggysoldier »

wac wrote:

It does, if you would have waited it would have happened automagically... *sigh*
Well I have been waiting all night now, and am still getting these errors.
Any suggestions? Many thanks for the reply :)
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

eggysoldier wrote:
wac wrote:

For [censored] sake dude, did you make a feeds directory within the scripts directory? If so which I doubt try to make the path different such as replacing the dot with ~/eggdrop or whatever the name of your folder is... also don't forget to .rehash or .restart
I see j00!
e
eggysoldier
Voice

Post by eggysoldier »

wac wrote:
eggysoldier wrote:
wac wrote: It does, if you would have waited it would have happened automagically... *sigh*
For [censored] sake dude, did you make a feeds directory within the scripts directory? If so which I doubt try to make the path different such as replacing the dot with ~/eggdrop or whatever the name of your folder is... also don't forget to .rehash or .restart
Thank you, that worked like a charm!
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

eggysoldier wrote:
wac wrote:
eggysoldier wrote: Well I have been waiting all night now, and am still getting these errors.
Thank you, that worked like a charm!
yeah np
I see j00!
p
prg0906
Voice

Post by prg0906 »

First of all, awesome script! I have ten feeds running flawlessly. However, I did notice a couple of bugs:

Line 360: [namespace current]::feed_msg $list_type $list_msgs list_targets $nick
The latest source (version 0.5b1) is missing a $ before list_targets, which causes the !rss command to return nothing. Then, once that error is fixed, when !rss is sent via /msg it returns the name of each feed twice. I don't know the source of that bug, yet.
p
prg0906
Voice

Post by prg0906 »

How do I display a link other than the default using the @@entry!link@@ format? Specifically, I want to match by rel="" attribute. I tried all of the usual suspects, but nothing has worked. :cry:
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

prg0906 wrote:First of all, awesome script! I have ten feeds running flawlessly. However, I did notice a couple of bugs:

Line 360: [namespace current]::feed_msg $list_type $list_msgs list_targets $nick
The latest source (version 0.5b1) is missing a $ before list_targets, which causes the !rss command to return nothing. Then, once that error is fixed, when !rss is sent via /msg it returns the name of each feed twice. I don't know the source of that bug, yet.
Not sure what you managed to screw up, but I've had to make no such modification to my script it works just fine, not that I ever have used it, that is until you said something I tried it and it worked just fine. You messed something up there, hence why it doesn't function correctly.
I see j00!
p
prg0906
Voice

Post by prg0906 »

wac wrote:Not sure what you managed to screw up, but I've had to make no such modification to my script it works just fine, not that I ever have used it, that is until you said something I tried it and it worked just fine. You messed something up there, hence why it doesn't function correctly.
Did you verify these assumptions using a fresh copy of the latest version, or simply by verifying that your copy works? The error I included in my post is from a fresh copy of the latest version at: http://labs.wizzer-it.com/projects/rss- ... -0.5b1.zip

So, you're either, using an older copy of the source that doesn't contain the error, or you managed to fix it at some point. Regardless, it exists in the latest version from the source.

//prg
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

Eh you were right was using 0.4 my bad I forgot that I was to lazy to upgrade because I would have had to added in all my feeds again to the other bot I switched some of them to.

Anyhow they (the feeds) really should be stored in some sort of flat file that can be saved in between upgrades of the core script, as such to avoid such situations, but hey whatever, if actually needed I guess I would do it myself, if I cbf to learn it anyways. :D
I see j00!
s
scotteh
Halfop

Post by scotteh »

wac wrote:Eh you were right was using 0.4 my bad I forgot that I was to lazy to upgrade because I would have had to added in all my feeds again to the other bot I switched some of them to.

Anyhow they (the feeds) really should be stored in some sort of flat file that can be saved in between upgrades of the core script, as such to avoid such situations, but hey whatever, if actually needed I guess I would do it myself, if I cbf to learn it anyways. :D
The next version uses an ini like file to store the settings.
prg0906 wrote:How do I display a link other than the default using the @@entry!link@@ format? Specifically, I want to match by rel="" attribute. I tried all of the usual suspects, but nothing has worked. :cry:
The current cookie format for attributes is: @@path!to!element!=attribute@@ (eg: @@entry!link!=href@@)