This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Opchars appearing in logfiles

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
d
dungeon
Voice

Opchars appearing in logfiles

Post by dungeon »

Tried searching on this here and via google, but not seen the right question yet (this could just be me missing it, mind).

Using eggdrop1.6.17 under FC4, all compiled and working successfully, connecting to an UnrealIRCD network. No probs there.

I've enabled the extended opchars since our IRCD uses them, but can't get them to appear in the logfiles. I'd like logging to show something like:
<@King>And this helps us how?
<+Prince>You ought to take note
<&SuperKing>You lose voice for that.
<Prince>Nooooo!
Know if this is possible?

(This is simply since I'm going to be parsing my logfiles through some PHP to display them on a webpage, and would like to colour-code the ranks accordingly - if anyone wants my PHP, they're welcome to it)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Without actually altering the appropriate source code as fas as I am aware what you request is not possible.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
d
dungeon
Voice

Post by dungeon »

Alchera wrote:Without actually altering the appropriate source code as fas as I am aware what you request is not possible.
Okay - in which case, if I modify the source code am I required to post my changes here? Or submit them to the headshed somewhere?
BarkerJr
Op

Post by BarkerJr »

dungeon wrote:Okay - in which case, if I modify the source code am I required to post my changes here? Or submit them to the headshed somewhere?
No, the license only requires the source code to be made public if you redistribute the binary. If it's for your own personal use, you do not need to share.
d
dungeon
Voice

Post by dungeon »

okay - guess I shoulda studied the README more closely, then!

Is it acceptible for me to forward my changes to the dev team for inclusion considerations? I'm one of those "other people may find this useful - I won't keep it to myself" types so prefer to give away copies for others to use also.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

dungeon wrote:okay - guess I shoulda studied the README more closely, then!

Is it acceptible for me to forward my changes to the dev team for inclusion considerations? I'm one of those "other people may find this useful - I won't keep it to myself" types so prefer to give away copies for others to use also.
You may indeed forword your changes to the dev team (possible inclusion in new release?) and post your changes in the forum to share with others. :D
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
d
dungeon
Voice

Post by dungeon »

Just as an update.... I've played with some of the source code and come to the conclusion that.. I'm not a C++ programmer.

Is there a forum where I could request these changes to be made at all? I'm guessing it not to be too arduous a process for someone that knows the code structure more intimately than I do.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

dungeon wrote:Just as an update.... I've played with some of the source code and come to the conclusion that.. I'm not a C++ programmer.

Is there a forum where I could request these changes to be made at all? I'm guessing it not to be too arduous a process for someone that knows the code structure more intimately than I do.
Try the Modules & Programing forum.
d
dungeon
Voice

Post by dungeon »

Aw, soddit - yup, you're right.

Can a forum mod move this thread over into the correct forum to continue the discussion over there? It may have flown under the radar of eggdrop module programmers being over here.

Ta muchly!