This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

.getbot script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
R
R-WaT
Halfop

.getbot script

Post by R-WaT »

Anyone have or can make me a script so when someone types ".getbot #channel" the bot will join the channel and say "Checking for requirements". And the bot will check to see if the channel has 45 people in the channel, and if it does the bot will say "Channel met requirements". If it doesn't it will say "Channel did not meet requirements".

If that's to hard, you can make the script just PM me the number of idlers, and i can just do .join #channel if it meets requirements. (i already have a .join .part script)
R
R-WaT
Halfop

Post by R-WaT »

Here it is in IRC scripting:

Code: Select all

on *:text:-getbot*:#cybercast:{
  join $2
  if ($2 isin %blist) { halt }
  else {
    set %2 $2
    set %nick $nick
    timerjoin 1 1 join $2
    timermsg 1 3 idlers
    timerpart 1 7 part $2 Your app has been checked.
  }
}
alias idlers {
  msg cybercast|r-wat^ms %nick wants a bot. Channel: %2 $+ . Idlers 7(1( $+ $calc($nick(%2,0)-1) $+ 1)7)1 (My self and chanserv do not count.)  
}

here where the bot PM's the person wanting it...

on *:text:-getabot*:#cybercast: /msg $nick IF your channel is qualified, you MUST give the bot atleast 100 access. (!addpeon CyberCast|bot)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

R-WaT:

in case you haven't noticed, this is eggdrop scripting forum, not mIRC scripting forum

and your mIRC script is an example how NOT to use timers (or rather, when you shouldn't be using timers, but event handlers)
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

Offtopic:
Where is the point of creating a bot service if you can`t do such simple stuff yourself?

Ontopic:
Such kind of scripts are already ready. Search for request.
socketapi | Code less, create more.
R
R-WaT
Halfop

Post by R-WaT »

found a script similar, i'll edit to to match my likings.