This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

hostmasks in eggdrop

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
r
rmm

Post by rmm »

Which eggdrop module has the setting for the hostmask-type used for the revenge bans? I'd like to change it from its present *!user@domain.com to *!*@domain.com.

Thanks
g
guppy
eggdrop engineer

Post by guppy »

On 2001-09-25 18:17, rmm wrote:
Which eggdrop module has the setting for the hostmask-type used for the revenge bans? I'd like to change it from its present *!user@domain.com to *!*@domain.com.
There isn't a setting. Also, that banmask is rather .. uhm, large -- why on earth would you want that? :)

'grep -r maskhost *' from the src dir should tell you what file it is in.

You'll need to know c to change it though.
r
rmm

Post by rmm »

Sigh. C language. Since I only got to Day 3 in my book "Learn C in 21 Days", I guess I won't be messing with eggdrop modules.

I believe the definition for maskhost is in module.h.

The reason for my wish to change the banmask, is because many lame channel ops use scripts that have random identd..their username changes with every logon. So using a banmask of *!*@what.ever.this.is.com would add "encouragement" for them to either disable their revenge kicks, or add my bots to their scripts "friend" list.

But thanks for your answer. 8-)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rmm on 2001-09-27 09:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rmm on 2001-09-27 09:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rmm on 2001-09-27 09:54 ]</font>