This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Question

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
J
Jerry
Voice

Question

Post by Jerry »

Ok everytime my bot joins the channel, it always clears the banlist. How do I set it so that all it does it runs script, and doesnt unban/unexcept/uninvite/unmode stuff? All I want it to do is run some scripts. Thats all.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Look at your channel settings:

Code: Select all

.chaninfo #chan
Specifically look at the detailed information in eggdrop.conf regarding enforcebans/dynamicbans. I'd advise that you set enforcebans off.

As your bot is already running you'd need do the following via DCC Chat as well as modifying your configuration file if you wish to add more dynamic channels.

.chanset <channel> <settings>
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

You might also wish to check "userbans" in the same channel settings as in the previous post (basically makes your bot "allow" others to add bans, and not bounce 'em immediately).

For any other mode your bot keeps bouncing, see "chanmode" (aka Protect modes); anything set + here is enforced, anything set - here is removed when seen.
When using dynamicbans/invites/exempts, see values for ban-time/exempt-time/invite-time also.

Also, there are separate user/dynamic-settings for invite- and exemptlists.

To make your bot as passive as possible, I'd suggest something like this:

-enforcebans
+userbans
+userexempts
+userinvites
+dynamicbans
+dynamicexempts
+dynamicinvites
ban-time 0
exempt-time 0
invite-time 0
chanmode ""
Probably a few more settings I overlooked, tho these should make your bot care less for bans/invites/exempts and modes in your channel..

PS. invites and exempts might not be supported on all irc networks, in these cases, just disregard these settings DS
NML_375
J
Jerry
Voice

Post by Jerry »

Never mind i got it. Thanks ^__^