This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Trivia 2000 Version 2.3 Released

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Trivia 2000 Version 2.3 Released

Post by Ian-Highlander »

After a couple of months away from this script again, emails from a couple of users kicked me into doing some work on "Trivia 2000" again. So here's the latest release. This contains a couple of fixes, a couple of simple improvements and a couple of things that people have been asking for a long time for.

The change list from the script header is quoted below (saves typing it all out again). Enjoy :D
New in Version 2.3
Fancy coloured ASCII fireworks added to the action when user hits max score.
New variable added to user config section "maxscorereset" which allows setting of the max score users can reach before fireworks are set off and all scores are reset to zero.
New style hints added giving empty dashes per character in the answer to give a better hint.
New variable added to user config section "hintsys" which allows choosing of old or new hints.
Delay added between questions in multiple question rounds, delay time can be adjusted in seconds in the configuration section. Delay and delay announcement can be disabled by setting to zero.
The !choose command will now accept a second part and skip the selection of categories completely i.e. !choose will bring up the choice of categories as normal and then users have to choose by typing the category in as normal OR !choose geography for example will automatically set it to Geography and put the game in start mode without having to display the choices or wait for one.
Bug Fix: Corrected an issue where the bot wouldn't respond to room hosts using the !stop or !game on/off commands. Thanks to Thomas Creemers for reporting this.
The script can be downloaded from the Egghelp.org archives.

I've already started work on the next version and am on a bit of a roll with this script now, my "To Do" list is getting smaller and smaller every few days on this script :D
Last edited by Ian-Highlander on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

I've found a small bug in the script that I released in this post.

Find these two lines in the script:

Code: Select all

putserv "PRIVMSG $channel :\003$categcol1\That is not a valid category. Please try again."
	unbind pubm -|- * strip_colour_choices
And comment them out like so:

#	putserv "PRIVMSG $channel :\003$categcol1\That is not a valid category. Please try again."
#	unbind pubm -|- * strip_colour_choices
Then restart your bot.

Apologies for this bug, I will be releasing an updated version soon.
v
vans
Voice

Post by vans »

Hey i hope this is the right place for this but id idnt wanna start a new thread nd theres nothing newer so here i go. This script works great does everything i need but everytime some uses the !help command it triggers to tivia help and well as a help trigger i already have set up. Is there a way to change the trigger the tivia script uses for !help?

Thanx
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Find the following line and alter accordingly:

"!help" {putserv "PRIVMSG $channel :$versionerror"}
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

You could just comment that line out if you wanted to as it only duplicates the !trivia command anyway (both bring up the command reference help details).
k
kewl1uk
Voice

Post by kewl1uk »

Awesome script. Many thanks for this. On my channel right now and working perfectly.

Might I suggest as a refinement in a future version that when the game is off the !help and !trivia commands are also off.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

kewl1uk wrote:Awesome script. Many thanks for this. On my channel right now and working perfectly.

Might I suggest as a refinement in a future version that when the game is off the !help and !trivia commands are also off.
Easy enough to add a switch for that to be an optional function, I'll add it to my to do list for the script for if/when I pick it back up again. Been far too busy to do any work on it since the last release.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)