This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

if command

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
C
Corne
Voice

if command

Post by Corne »

I looked up to lots of forums to find the syntax of the 'if' conditiona. I wanna check if a nickname is op on a channel. would it be something like if (nick isop #channel) do whatever ?
user

Re: if command

Post by user »

Corne wrote:I looked up to lots of forums to find the syntax of the 'if' conditiona.
in what language?
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
C
Corne
Voice

Post by Corne »

what do you mean ? I just need the syntax for a bouncer/psybnc. I'm trying to make a script and I need to add a check if a specified nickname is op on a specified channel.... like in mirc scripting if ($nick isop #channel). It's english...
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Corne wrote:It's english...
Nope! It's Tcl. :)

'if' conditional statements are used in more than just Tcl.

Code: Select all

if {[isop $nick $chan]} { ... }
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
C
Corne
Voice

Post by Corne »

I need it for my bouncer/psybnc. Now I understood your question about 'language', programing language'. I dont know if its the same with tcl (even though I doubt it).
user

Post by user »

There is no built in script engine in psybnc - it will execute shell commands/scripts/executables for you - which makes it less efficient (in average execution time), but more flexible.
Read http://www.psybnc.at/scripting.html to understand how psybnc scripting works, then pick a language and create a script that works how you want it to when executed by the bouncer.
C
Corne
Voice

Post by Corne »

I just red that help file but it doesnt say anything about choosing a programing language. I understood how psybnc scripting works though
user

Post by user »

Corne wrote:I understood how psybnc scripting works though
No.
http://www.psybnc.at/scripting.html wrote:A script can be anything, which can be handled by the shell. You also can
call PHP/Perl/tcl-Scripts from the script-Entry.
C
Corne
Voice

Post by Corne »

I just look over the text but didnt really read everything (i was at school). I remember seeing a php script used for psybnc (trying to avoid an server error or something. So I just add the tcl script in the USERnumber.SCRIPT file and sreload ? anyways ... I dont know tcl scripting but I looked at some scripts here. Didnt get much though. I need to do that op check on an notice event (server notice) and dont know how to start. I looked up to some scripts here and found something. Tried to simplify it and I got this:

bind notc - "*Highest connection count*" msglogin
proc msglogin {
   if {[isop me #channel]} {  putserv "PRIVMSG X  :deop #channel" }
}
and when I do a sreload I get this
[15:44:23] <-psyBNC> Fri Feb 9 22:47:48 :Bogus scripting Line in scripts/USER1.SCRIPT Line 1, 2 and 3
user
&nbsp;

Post by user »

Corne wrote:

bind notc - "*Highest connection count*" msglogin
proc msglogin {
   if {[isop me #channel]} {  putserv "PRIVMSG X  :deop #channel" }
}
and when I do a sreload I get this
[15:44:23] <-psyBNC> Fri Feb 9 22:47:48 :Bogus scripting Line in scripts/USER1.SCRIPT Line 1, 2 and 3
1) 'bind', 'isop' and 'putserv' are not native tcl commands.
2) 'proc' expects 3 arguments
3) you don't seem to be executing the script via tclsh (psybnc doesn't know tcl)

Take a look at http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/contents.htm for commands that will be avaliable in your script executed in tclsh (which is what you'll need to do if you want it to work with psybnc)
C
Corne
Voice

Post by Corne »

But how do I execute it in tclsh ? can you give me an example ? (now I'm looking on that website and searching for the commands useful for this script)