This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

need instructions on how to recompile a module [solved]

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
i
icenfire
Voice

need instructions on how to recompile a module [solved]

Post by icenfire »

I have changed a few things that need to be changed in a module and I need to recompile the module. I have read all over this board but haven't found the steps to do this. If someone will please give me the steps it would be most appreciated.
Last edited by icenfire on Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

i
icenfire
Voice

recompiling the modules

Post by icenfire »

I have already tried that several times and it hasn't worked. I am using the gseen module and stats mod module. They are both running correctly but I want to change the gseen to accept nicks longer than 9 characters so I followed the directions given here but it didn't change anything. The gseen directions said to recompile the module so does that mean recompile the whole bot? Now with the statsmod module I want to change the background to the actual page not the background on the table so I thought I found the spot to change it and recompiled the bot but it did not change anything either. Here is what I am talking about http://66.225.200.136:8080/ I want to change the black background to a different color but to leave the table colors alone.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

icenfire wrote:The gseen directions said to recompile the module so does that mean recompile the whole bot?
You'd move into gseen.mod directory after uploading the modified gseen.c and run make.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
rosc2112
Revered One

Re: recompiling the modules

Post by rosc2112 »

icenfire wrote:The gseen directions said to recompile the module so does that mean recompile the whole bot?
The procedure is basically the same. If you wiped out your original compile dir, you'll have to run ./configure with whatever options, and make config, etc. from scratch.

I retain the src dir for modifying things like this. It'll go faster if you still have the config files and .o files from a previous compile, otherwise you'll be compiling the entire eggdrop src just to recompile 1 module when you want to change it.

If you retain the src and .object files, then change the source for gseen or whatever other mods, just cd into their module subdir, make clean;make, then copy the resulting .so file into the modules dir for your bot.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Ohh, and don't forget to restart the bot :^)
i
icenfire
Voice

[solved]

Post by icenfire »

Thanks for all the help. It fixed the gseen the way that I wanted it. The stats.mod is still giving me trouble but I think I just need to find all the places that need to be changed.

[solved]