This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

gseen does not always reply

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
n
nanamee
Voice

gseen does not always reply

Post by nanamee »

I am using gseen to track a few channels. It is currently at about 18000 nicks.
First of all, is that a lot? Too much? Or should it be able to handle that fine?

Secondly, when someone does !seen nick, it replies almost instantly. But, only about 40% of the time. /msg seen nick always works. But public !seen commands do not always get replies. Sometimes it never works, until i .jump the bot. It's connected to a fast server. With 1-3 second ping times.
The !seen command is seen by the bot, cos i can see it being picked up in the DCC window. But it doesn't send a reply to the channel.

Is this common? Is there anything i can do to fix it? Id love if it just worked all the time to peoples !seens.

Thanks
N
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

What do you have set for:

# only answer x seen requests in y seconds to prevent flooding
set max-seens 10:60
n
nanamee
Voice

Post by nanamee »

no, i doubt its that. the !seen commands are like 5 mins appart. or even an hour sometimes.

its set to 7:60 though
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I'd hazard a guess the size of your datafile might be causing a prob. Contact the author at: http://www.kreativrauschen.de/contact/
n
nanamee
Voice

Post by nanamee »

no other ideas before i have to contact them?
has anyone else ever had more than 20,000 nicks in gseen?
i really wish public !seen worked 100% of the time :(
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I looked at the gseen src a bit and didn't see anything immediate that would indicate a limit or cause a problem on a very large data file. Truthfully, I don't know enough about C programming to be able to debug this problem. The process would be similar to any programming lang. tho, including tcl, where you put debug strings (printf's) into the src to see what's going on.
n
nanamee
Voice

Post by nanamee »

hmm. thanks for the help so far btw.
i dont know any C. so i wouldnt even be able to begin messing around in there for answers.
i find it stranfe that .seen and /msg bot seen works 100%. but public commands are not replied to. yet the command is registered.

the bot is on 8 channels btw.
I have now removed 7 of them. to see if that helps. so far, its working perfect. so, maybe having too many channels to respond to a !seen command to makes it not respond at all?
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Possible. Best bet is to contact the author, hopefully he still responds and supports the module.
n
nanamee
Voice

Post by nanamee »

Thanks, I've emailed him. Nothing so far.
If and when he replies, ill post the status here.