egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opchars appearing in logfiles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Modules & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dungeon
Voice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Opchars appearing in logfiles Reply with quote

Tried searching on this here and via google, but not seen the right question yet (this could just be me missing it, mind).

Using eggdrop1.6.17 under FC4, all compiled and working successfully, connecting to an UnrealIRCD network. No probs there.

I've enabled the extended opchars since our IRCD uses them, but can't get them to appear in the logfiles. I'd like logging to show something like:

Quote:
<@King>And this helps us how?
<+Prince>You ought to take note
<&SuperKing>You lose voice for that.
<Prince>Nooooo!

Know if this is possible?

(This is simply since I'm going to be parsing my logfiles through some PHP to display them on a webpage, and would like to colour-code the ranks accordingly - if anyone wants my PHP, they're welcome to it)
Alchera
Revered One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without actually altering the appropriate source code as fas as I am aware what you request is not possible.
dungeon
Voice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchera wrote:
Without actually altering the appropriate source code as fas as I am aware what you request is not possible.

Okay - in which case, if I modify the source code am I required to post my changes here? Or submit them to the headshed somewhere?
BarkerJr
Op

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungeon wrote:
Okay - in which case, if I modify the source code am I required to post my changes here? Or submit them to the headshed somewhere?

No, the license only requires the source code to be made public if you redistribute the binary. If it's for your own personal use, you do not need to share.
dungeon
Voice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay - guess I shoulda studied the README more closely, then!

Is it acceptible for me to forward my changes to the dev team for inclusion considerations? I'm one of those "other people may find this useful - I won't keep it to myself" types so prefer to give away copies for others to use also.
Alchera
Revered One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungeon wrote:
okay - guess I shoulda studied the README more closely, then!

Is it acceptible for me to forward my changes to the dev team for inclusion considerations? I'm one of those "other people may find this useful - I won't keep it to myself" types so prefer to give away copies for others to use also.

You may indeed forword your changes to the dev team (possible inclusion in new release?) and post your changes in the forum to share with others. Very Happy
dungeon
Voice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update.... I've played with some of the source code and come to the conclusion that.. I'm not a C++ programmer.

Is there a forum where I could request these changes to be made at all? I'm guessing it not to be too arduous a process for someone that knows the code structure more intimately than I do.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungeon wrote:
Just as an update.... I've played with some of the source code and come to the conclusion that.. I'm not a C++ programmer.

Is there a forum where I could request these changes to be made at all? I'm guessing it not to be too arduous a process for someone that knows the code structure more intimately than I do.

Try the Modules & Programing forum.

- Opposing

Public Tcl scripts
dungeon
Voice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, soddit - yup, you're right.

Can a forum mod move this thread over into the correct forum to continue the discussion over there? It may have flown under the radar of eggdrop module programmers being over here.

Ta muchly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Modules & Programming All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: