This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

UNOFFICIAL incith-google 2.1x (Nov30,2o12)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
I
IuClik
Voice

Post by IuClik »

Arkadietz wrote:[00:11:13] <Kiril> !g meaning above
[00:11:14] <Monica> 1,140,000,000 results | above - definition of above by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...</ @ http://www.thefreedictionary.com/above% ... ull,event)

every result looks like this

same problem :oops:

Code: Select all

< 01:02:12> *13:50 * <@IuClik> !g miau
< 01:02:12> *13:50 * <@SOLIDHELP> 13,200,000 results | silent night - miau (meow) - YouTube @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HEMsoBLR1o | miau - YouTube @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkBad5oizbU | miau.pt - Vendo bem, compro melhor - Negócios, Leilões, Vendas e ...</a></ @ http://miau.clix.pt/%20class=l%20onmousedown=return%20rwt(this,'','','','1','AFQjCNGbPMA5EdhXMBXBb2is_jq1zVC1IQ','','0CDQQFjAA',null,event)
s
shadrach
Halfop

Post by shadrach »

Custom triggers stopped returning results :(
x
xREVx
Voice

Post by xREVx »

yeah, the main google script is broke :(

<~User> !g apple
<~Bot> Apple @ http://www.apple.com/ | Apple Computer UK</a></h3><div class=s><cite>www.apple.com/uk/</cite><div cl @ http://www.apple.com/uk/%20class=l%20on ... turn%20rwt(this,'','','','2','AFQjCNEQo

where's speechles?
it seems we need a new maintainer for this script :cry:
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

speechles will continue maintaining the script, just be patient, it's not something he gets payed for. if you get my drift...
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

spithash wrote:speechles will continue maintaining the script, just be patient, it's not something he gets payed for. if you get my drift...
<3 spithash... haw... I see those "!g test" all the time and of course I'm well aware of what is and isn't working within this script. You need to understand the sheer magnitude of what is broken, as well as, the time it takes for one person to diligently fix all the issues. It will get fixed, as forward is the only direction I intend on going. But, now don't get me wrong I <3 the google script, other scripts need attention too. I can't focus all my extra time solely on just this one script. If I did that there wouldn't be anything new I would learn and in that anything new I would be able to offer into the google script. I realize its upsetting to have something that has become a fixture in your iRC channel to just suddenly stop working. It is frustrating, I get that. But it's quite arrogant to assume that immediately I need to focus 100% of my attention to fixing it now. Cmon guys, It's an eggdrop script to deliver queries over iRC. It's a toy. We're all just upset that our cool little toy is broken? Am I right? Of course I'm right and I'm upset too. I can't give you an exact time frame, nor can I really give you more than the promise that YES I WILL FIX IT. Just like Bob the builder says. It will just take a bit more time than originally anticipated, because like spithash has said. I need to derive income from endeavors outside of this script. Those endeavors eat up time. Time is not infinite. So the real blame in all of this is time. Why isn't time infinite? Whoever "invented" time, where is that guy? Can we dig him up, re-animate him, and ask his zombified corpse? If anyone has any bottled time they wish to share. Let me know!!1 ;)

MODERATORS: Please delete all posts below this as they are junk.
Last edited by speechles on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arkadietz
Halfop

Post by Arkadietz »

when the new release will coming up fixed?
On a unix system everything is a file ; if something is not a file , it is a proccess.
g
goalie204
Halfop

Post by goalie204 »

just fyi

<goalie> !locate vern

[secksy(dcc)] [14:58] Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: invalid command name "Use"
M
MiNdErAsR
Voice

Post by MiNdErAsR »

:?:
M
Mysticales
Voice

Post by Mysticales »

Anyone know a good working google search alternative atm till this one is patched up?
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

I plan on spending tomorrow fixing issues and sprucing up the script. Of these fixes I shall start with that damn broken !g and move ahead. Youtube will make a return as well.

So to start with, we shall start off with a list of what needs fixing With that we can then grasp what actually needs to be addressed. here we go...

The Problems:
  • !google
    !local
    !video
    !scholar - deprecated, removed, waiting to be replaced with something else
    !ign
    !review
    !blog
    !ebay
    !dailymotion
    !myspace
If you see something broken I didn't mention it is because I have already fixed that in my copy. You will soon see a rather huge update and everybody should be much happier then..

(to be continued.....)
M
Mysticales
Voice

Post by Mysticales »

\o/ ty speechles, Much appreciated. Sorry if we on the forum here are restless awaiting this awesome release. =)
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
p
paddaw
Voice

Post by paddaw »

Need RSS update when new versions come out of this script :)
c
crazyVTr
Voice

Post by crazyVTr »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you da man speechless i made this account just to say that lol
cant wait for the new ver.
:) :D :P

@ paddaw yo you try rss-synd? great script i have it running with over 50 feeds right now.
x
x0x
Op

Post by x0x »

Looking forward to an updated working version!
a
arejay
Voice

Post by arejay »

Everything seems to work except when i do !google all i get back is derp and !youtube same thing, anyone have any ideas?

[07:45:45] <&rj> !g test
[07:45:48] <Smarty> derp.
[07:45:48] <&rj> !yt test