This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Logging issue: logging public chat misses bot public message

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
d
dungeon
Voice

Logging issue: logging public chat misses bot public message

Post by dungeon »

Apologies if this is the wrong place, but I've searched a few places and tried out a few things and I'm not convinced it's something I'm doing wrong (although I'm happy to be proved wrong on that front).

Bot Ver: eggdrop v1.6.17
Bot OS: Linux 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4

I've got my bot logging in various channels and using many TCL scripts successfully, but for some reason any text said by the bot in response to TCL triggers doesn't get logged. If I have, for example:

Code: Select all

bind pub - !help givehelp
proc givehelp { nick uhost handle chan arg } {
  puthelp "PRIVMSG $chan :How can I help you, $nick ..?"
}
Then the logs will reflect someone typing in the !help command, but seems to fall deaf on the "puthelp" text.

I tried adding this patch - but still no joy, although I get the impression perhaps I need some "return" values at the end of my TCL (is this right?)

According to this post it sounds like I need to add specific "putlog" commands to echo the text output to the logfile also, however I'm running megahal and have no idea how to modify this module to log AI output also.

Any pointers? Quite simply, I just want the bot to treat anything it says/does in the channel as public chatter too, logging it accordingly.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

forbjok wrote:This patch was created for eggdrop 1.6.18, but might work for others as well. (I haven't tested)
Maybe it doesn't work on 1.6.17. However, user's solution here seems to be sufficient (just load his last code).
d
dungeon
Voice

Post by dungeon »

Sir_Fz wrote:However, user's solution here seems to be sufficient (just load his last code).
- yah, that was the one I flagged up, but won't work for the megahal module. I *can* edit all my scripts to do so, but was hoping for a single tweak somewhere that I'm missing.

Ah, well. Cheers for the response, anyway!