This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

configure tcl help

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
s
sharpie1664
Voice

configure tcl help

Post by sharpie1664 »

i am using the latest tcl 8.4.15 and this silly servers is saying this

Test run of ./eggdrop -v:
./eggdrop: error while loading shared libraries: libtcl8.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [modules] Error 127

then i use the command
./configure --with-tcllib=/usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so

then i get this
Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should
download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable
current version is 8.4.6 and can be downloaded from
ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/.

any ideas :)
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

maybe i am missing something...why don't you just do as it says, and download the newest version of tcl using wget, then recompile eggdrop?
s
sharpie1664
Voice

Post by sharpie1664 »

i tried that but that version i ./configure it and it spits out an error anyhow i am using a latest version
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Might be more than one version installed on the system. Check that the symlink /usr/lib/libtcl.so is pointing to the right version and also check the configure error log (config.log) for more clues about what caused the error. Check your permissions on the files too, make sure you have read permissions to the libs and header files.

And yes, compiling/installing your own tcl and eggdrop binaries usually fixes the problems that package installs cause (packagers don't always compile stuff with the right flags, etc.)