This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Public Quotes System (current version: 1.32)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
MenzAgitat
Op

Public Quotes System (current version: 1.32)

Post by MenzAgitat »

This pack includes a french version AND an english version.
Ce pack inclut une version française ET une version anglaise (aide en français dans le script vf)

Short description:
Adds the following public commands : !quote !addquote !lastquote !randquote !findquote !quoteinfo !delquote (and a few other admin commands). Many features (automatic daily backup, antiflood, full multichannel support, ...).

Full Description:

This script adds the following commands:
  • !addquote <quote>
    • To add a quote.
    !quote <quote number> [#chan]
    • To display a quote.
    !quoteinfo <quote number> [#chan]
    • To display some informations about a given quote.
    !delquote <quote number>
    • To delete a quote.
    !randquote [#chan]
    • To display a random quote.
    !lastquote [#chan]
    • To display the last quote.
    !findquote [-all/#chan] <search argument(s)>
    • To look for a quote.
      Put some quotation marks around your search arguments to look for an exact match.
      Use the -all option to do a global search in every channel's databases OR specify a chan.
    !deletedquoteinfo <quote number>
    • To display some informations about a deleted quote (admin command)
    !undelquote <quote number>
    • To restore a deleted quote (admin command)
    !forcedelquote <quote number>
    • To delete a quote, even if you are not its author. (admin command)
    !cancelquote <latest quote number>
    • To cancel the latest stored quote (Does not leave any remains in the database). (admin command)
No need to say that !forcedelquote and !cancelquote commands must be used ethically, for maintenance purposes or in order to face users misuse of the commands.

A directory named quotes.db will be created in the eggdrop's directory; it contains the quotes databases.

Features:
  • - Full multichannel support; local or global searches with the !findquote command; you can specify a chan's name for most of the public commands.
    - Automatic daily backup
    - Individual flood protection (per command)
    - Global flood protection (all commands)
Until the script is added to the Tcl Archive, you can download it from here : Public Quotes System v1.32 english/french

Leave comments / bug reports here.

Last edited by MenzAgitat on Wed May 13, 2009 6:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

*v1.21

Thanks to Stock who signaled it to me, I just fixed a bug that prevented the english version from compiling successfully and crashed the eggdrop (damn last minute changes).

The french version does not have that issue and the latest french version remains v1.2.

A working link with the latest fixed version can be found in the 1st message of this thread.

Sorry for that.
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

*v1.22

OMG just fixed a minor bug that occured in the log message when backing up databases once a day.

Imagine a script that works like a charm for 2 months, I submit it for the first time on a website and bugs start immediatly to appear everywhere...
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

To those who have errors like that :
bad search mode "-all": must be -exact, -glob, or -regexp
please ensure you are using Tcl v8.4 of newer (or windrop 1.6.18).

(I should have inserted a line like "package require Tcl 8.4" but since I forgot and am too lazy to make an update for that, just take care.)
i
iNFERNiS
Voice

Post by iNFERNiS »

Looks great. Would it be possible to add flags to it so you can specify who's allowed to add and delete quotes. Would be perfect if it had that.
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

Search for the following lines :

Code: Select all

bind pub -|- "!addquote" pubqsys::addquote

bind pub -|- "!delquote" pubqsys::delquote

unbind pub -|- "!addquote" pubqsys::addquote

unbind pub -|- "!delquote" pubqsys::delquote
Replace -|- by the flags you want (global flag | channel flag)

eg.: to allow only channel operators and global owners to add quotes, modify like this :

Code: Select all

bind pub n|o "!addquote" pubqsys::addquote

unbind pub n|o "!addquote" pubqsys::addquote
i
iNFERNiS
Voice

Post by iNFERNiS »

oh great, thanks!
S
Stavr0s
Voice

Post by Stavr0s »

Great script just what i've been looking for :)
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

*v1.3
  • - some visual enhancements
    - fixed a bug with !findquote : pipe character was erroneously forbidden.
    - added !cancelquote command, which allows an administrator to cancel the last recorded quote.
    - added new adjustable parameters.

As always, a working link with the latest version can be found in the 1st message of this thread.
k
krieg
Voice

Post by krieg »

How can I run it? Can you explain with detailed?
B
BeBoo
Halfop

Post by BeBoo »

I have a feature request and a question...

First the feature request -
Maybe have a command, say !quotestats that will list out the number of quotes total for that channel and who the last person was to save a quote.

Question-
I wanted to modify the quotes file to get rid of the times and the modes of the users who were quoted and when I did that, the file got overwritten (i guess by the backup). I tried changing it and copying the file to the .bak file and it still got overwritten. Is there a file somewhere else I would need to edit?

Thanks!
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

@Krieg > You must edit the settings section inside the script and at least specify on which channel(s) you want it to work on.
For a detailed explanation about each command, see the description section inside the script of read the first post of this thread.
If you still have problems, please be more accurate describing the exact issue.

@Beboo > I'm not sure to understand what you did, so I will explain you some things, hoping it will help you.
The quotes database shouldn't be tampered with, all maintenance operations can be done with the commands (like !delquote !forcedelquote !cancelquote ....). If you modify the database structure, it won't work anymore so if you tried to remove informations from it (like times), you just broke it.
Once a day, a backup of the database is made (the file is copied to .bak) to ensure you won't loose anything in case of file corruption for example. If you want to manually make a backup and don't want it to be overwritten by the daily auto backup, dont just add .bak to the file name.
Like I just said to Krieg, if my answer doesn't help you, please be accurate describing what you exactly did in the quotes database file, and step by step, what happend then.
About the stats feature, it's been added to my todo list.
i
isak
Voice

Post by isak »

is it possible to somehow add multi-line quotes ?
MenzAgitat
Op

Post by MenzAgitat »

Theorically it would be possible, putting a marker at the end of the quote like that :
<nick> !addquote whateverwhateverwhatever
<nick> whateverwhatever
<nick> whateverwhateverwhateverwhatever
<nick> whatever*marker*
but it would be heavy to manage and people would probably never think to add it.

So, I won't add support for multi-line quotes.
B
BrewMaster
Voice

Post by BrewMaster »

Nice Script works well!

I have always found quotes more enjoyable when played 3 or so at a time. Can you add a trigger to play more than one quote back at a time?

triggered command like !playquotes 3. This would make the script display 3 random quotes. The number of quotes to play back could be user defined.

I also relay like the idea from BeBoo, to have quote stats(most quoted nick, ect). Just some ideas for you. Thanks,

brew