This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Whats´s wrong with psyBNC 2.3.2-7?

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
G
Gargantua
Voice

Whats´s wrong with psyBNC 2.3.2-7?

Post by Gargantua »

Recently my shell provider did some "upgrades" of kernels and such, and now my old psyBNC installation just crashes and leaves me hanging with a process thats not accessible from irc clients and needs to be killed and restarted to receive connections again.

I decided to try the latest version 2.3.2-7 instead, and that one seems more stable and dont crashes 223 times a day. But......its impossible to get a working multinetwork environment. All the commands used for adding networks and servers miserable fails and theres no working multinetwork. My question is, even if this version (and psybnc itself) are pretty old i´ve have not been able to find any info about known problems and quirks, but there seems to be such things. Anyone aware of this problem (or others) and can tell me a little something about it? Is there any known workarounds to fix this?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Official psyBNC Support HomePage

Apparently there's a channel: psyBNC @ IRCNet
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
G
Gargantua
Voice

Post by Gargantua »

Alchera wrote:Official psyBNC Support HomePage

Apparently there's a channel: psyBNC @ IRCNet
Yeah, well......as being a very polite guy i have to thank you for the link to the official website, but the fact is that it´s pretty outdated and does not, with one single word, mention the problems with 2.3.2-7 version. I´ve seen a couple of reports about people having trouble getting that version to work properly, but its really hard to find info. Think i have to try the irc channel though. Thanks anyway.
d
dwickie
Halfop

Re: Whats´s wrong with psyBNC 2.3.2-7?

Post by dwickie »

Gargantua wrote:All the commands used for adding networks and servers miserable fails and theres no working multinetwork.
be more specific?
G
Gargantua
Voice

Re: Whats´s wrong with psyBNC 2.3.2-7?

Post by Gargantua »

dwickie wrote:
Gargantua wrote:All the commands used for adding networks and servers miserable fails and theres no working multinetwork.
be more specific?
Sure, and this time i can also provide a solution to my very simple problem :D

The only thing i had to do was to use the ' sign instead of ~ sign as suffix when adding servers to the second network. Like /addserver LI'S=irc.blablabla.net :7000 instead of /addserver LI~S=irc.blablabla.net :7000

A ' instead of ~ did the trick! Must have read that somewhere before but it totally slipped my mind.....Courtesy of the guys at #psybnc on IRCnet.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

While we're on the subject of psyBNC bugs. Did any of you encounter the problem of "Unknown network" when using ' (single quotation) in a raw command?