This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

psyBnc channel stay connected and irc client disconnect

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
d
donking
Halfop

psyBnc channel stay connected and irc client disconnect

Post by donking »

I have my bouncer connected to irc server and stays in the channel. When I disconnect the client and reconnect to my bouncer, it automatically takes me to channel but doesn't hide my ip and dns.

If I /part the channel from bouncer and rejoin the channel from psybnc, it does use the psybnc vhost that I have setup. Why is this?

If I /part the channel from the bouncer, rather than irc client, would the bouncer be able to log the messages?

thank you.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

/whois yourself
YooHoo
Owner

Re: psyBnc channel stay connected and irc client disconnect

Post by YooHoo »

most of your post confuses me, I admit...how does psybnc not hide your true ip address? that is the primary function it is made for.
donking wrote:If I /part the channel from the bouncer, rather than irc client, would the bouncer be able to log the messages?
which messages? Private messages are always logged with psybnc, no matter what channel it is in, but I'm pretty sure your irc client has to be disconnected first. If you have made or use a special script to log the channel chatter, then the answer is no.
d
donking
Halfop

Post by donking »

YooHoo wrote:which messages? Private messages are always logged with psybnc, no matter what channel it is in, but I'm pretty sure your irc client has to be disconnected first. If you have made or use a special script to log the channel chatter, then the answer is no.
I want the conversation in the channel to be logged, while my client is disconnected.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

donking wrote:
YooHoo wrote:which messages? Private messages are always logged with psybnc, no matter what channel it is in, but I'm pretty sure your irc client has to be disconnected first. If you have made or use a special script to log the channel chatter, then the answer is no.
I want the conversation in the channel to be logged, while my client is disconnected.
Then turn on your client's logging. :|
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

donking wrote:I want the conversation in the channel to be logged, while my client is disconnected.
I am almost certain psybnc already provides this by using the addlog command. Connect to your psybnc, and type /bhelp addlog. I believe the syntax to log all events in a given channel is addlog #mychan :*. Please let us know if this works or not :mrgreen:
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Oh dear, I really really misread that post. :lol:
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM