This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

psybnc ssl between irc client and bouncer

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
d
donking
Halfop

psybnc ssl between irc client and bouncer

Post by donking »

I need to encrypt my irc client (X-chat) session between my comp and the bouncer. I do not need encryption between irc server and my bouncer. How do I set this up?

irc client <-------encrypt---------->psybnc <---------don't care about encrypt ------> irc server.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

use FiSH
d
donking
Halfop

Post by donking »

I am not sure how to set up psybnc to use my pub key. Any support greatly appreciated.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

Each person needs to have the same key to view the text. This is helpful if you're paranoid, or if you want to have a private conversation in a public channel. (Why you wouldn't just pm is beyond me ;).

/encrypt [password] :[channel/person] -- make sure everyone you want to speak with has the same key. And they need to be using psybnc as well. duh.
d
donking
Halfop

Post by donking »

that is not my problem. My problem is that my connection is not wired from my comp to my isp. It goes on the air. I rather have it encrypted from my ocmp to psybnc and have psybnc decrypt it and send the data to irc server.
K
Kappa007
Voice

Post by Kappa007 »

PSYBNC.SYSTEM.HOST1=S=<ip-of-interface-to-listen-to>