This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

psyBNC scripting help - email messages while away

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
s
sauce
Voice

psyBNC scripting help - email messages while away

Post by sauce »

I think everyone would find this useful. I need a script that will email me when I get a private message if I am not logged in. I don't know if I can do this myself but I'm gonna try, in the mean time I was hoping an expert knew a quick way to do it.
DragnLord
Owner

Re: psyBNC scripting help - email messages while away

Post by DragnLord »

sauce wrote:I think everyone would find this useful. I need a script that will email me when I get a private message if I am not logged in. I don't know if I can do this myself but I'm gonna try, in the mean time I was hoping an expert knew a quick way to do it.
Quick way: use a different bouncer that has that feature.
s
sauce
Voice

Post by sauce »

psybnc always served me well, what are the alternatives ?
d
dwickie
Halfop

Post by dwickie »

sauce wrote:psybnc always served me well, what are the alternatives ?
i guess it does not serves you so well if you need a thing, that psybnc can't do.

i would suggest you to use sBNC (http://shroudbnc.info/) it does not have multinetwork (many people thinks its disadvantage) but on the other side it have complete tcl scripting support and you can write a script, thats do everything you want, thats much bigger advantage than missing multinetwork support.