This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop not connect

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
A
Alex-Musicman
Voice

eggdrop not connect

Post by Alex-Musicman »

after update from 1.6.18 to 1.6.19 the eggdrop want not connect, else using the -n flag, without it not work
I installed on Linux 2.6.24-16,
downloaded from ftp://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/sour ... .19.tar.gz
installed with tcl8.5
Later compiled, when I use eggdrop -v, it return:
Eggdrop v1.6.18+SSL (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2006 Eggheads
(patches: SSL)
and I not used no patches, shoud not return v1.6.19?
when I use eggdrop -n bot.conf it works and connect, but when I use the normal way, It load but not connect in the irc, and not answer telnet, just freeze.
What may be?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Most likely, threaded tcl-libraries are not properly detected as threaded. Dirty hack is to edit eggdrop.h (after running ./configure) and define the macro HAVE_TCL_THREADS, and recompile.
NML_375
A
Alex-Musicman
Voice

Post by Alex-Musicman »

ok, it works, thanks a lot..

But it should be fixed in the next version..
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Unfortunately, there is no reliable way of detecting whether libtcl is threaded or not. Hence there cannot be a real fix for this, except trusting the user to use --disable-tcl-threads / --enable-tcl-threads to specify this.
NML_375
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

guppy was working on a method for detecting it, it may even be in the 1.6.20 cvs, I'm not sure.... think something involving Tcl_Mutex... I could be wrong.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Might be possible, as far as I remember tho, both Tcl_MutexLock() and Tcl_MutexUnlock() are defined as empty macros whenever tcl is not compiled as thread-safe.

Wasn't there an idea way back on just going with the tclConfig.sh shellscript?
NML_375
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

Now that I think about it, I think yea, they were talking about creating a Tcl interpretter, and checking the env(thread) (threaded?) variable..
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Probably would be simpler to just write a bash-script to include the tclConfig.sh script and test the value of $TCL_THREADS, or possibly simply include it into the Makefile and add the $TCL_* variables to the various compiler and linker vars (would add the benefit of defining the HAVE_THREADS macro used in tcl.h). Although I think there were some caveats to this as well.
NML_375
b
boone
Voice

Post by boone »

I am haveing the same issue as Alex-Musicman but I guess I did not understand what nm375 said todo to fix this issue. Please help and sorry for sounding like a noob. I never had issues with getting eggys to work in the past.
A
Alex-Musicman
Voice

Post by Alex-Musicman »

boone wrote:I am haveing the same issue as Alex-Musicman but I guess I did not understand what nm375 said todo to fix this issue. Please help and sorry for sounding like a noob. I never had issues with getting eggys to work in the past.
Later you do ./configure, in your eggdrop folder, go to src folder and edit the file eggdrop.h or just type as example: nano src/eggdrop.h and add the line:

Code: Select all

#define HAVE_TCL_THREADS
later this, then make config;make;make install

And eggdrop will be with threaded TCL support.
b
boone
Voice

Post by boone »

Thanks So Much
That was turely simple I guess I just not had my sleep today.