This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Windrop Megahal : Where do I place Megahal.mod folder

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
Z
Zeyra
Voice

Windrop Megahal : Where do I place Megahal.mod folder

Post by Zeyra »

I am using Windrop with standard modules, the bot is working and joins the IRC server.

Running Windows Vista.

I am trying to add a non-standard module, Megahal. I downloaded the latest Megahal, as well as the megahal.dll linked from in a certain thread on this forum. I placed the megahal.dll in my modules folder, together with all the other MODULENAME.dll files, and is now left with the MEGAHAL.MOD folder.

Where do I place this? There are no other MODULENAME.MOD folders that I can see, and there are no executable files inside the MEGAHAL.MOD folder.
b
blake
Master

Post by blake »

# Extract megahal.dll into the modules folder.
# Extract the rest of the files into the eggdrop's main folder.
# Edit you bot's *.conf file and add the line (anywhere): loadmodule megahal
# Rehash your bot

http://wiki.barkerjr.net/wiki/MegaHAL_Module
Z
Zeyra
Voice

Post by Zeyra »

blake wrote:# Extract megahal.dll into the modules folder.

That could overwrite certain files, though - Which is what I am sceptical to doing, many modules on the same Windrop would likely some time end up with the same names for files.
b
blake
Master

Post by blake »

Zeyra wrote:
blake wrote:# Extract megahal.dll into the modules folder.

That could overwrite certain files, though - Which is what I am sceptical to doing, many modules on the same Windrop would likely some time end up with the same names for files.
By Extract the rest of the files into the eggdrop's main folder means extract megahal folder and contents not just extracting contents put the whole megahal folder directly to the bots directory then source it
Z
Zeyra
Voice

Post by Zeyra »

blake wrote:
Zeyra wrote:
blake wrote:# Extract megahal.dll then source it
By sourcing it, you would mean placing "loadmod megahal" anywhere in the Eggdrop.conf file?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Zeyra wrote:
blake wrote:# Extract megahal.dll then source it
By sourcing it, you would mean placing "loadmod megahal" anywhere in the Eggdrop.conf file?
<speechles> sp33chy megahal
<sp33chy> speechles: Megahal is better than you.
<speechles> no wai sp33chy
<sp33chy> Wai

<speechles> .status
<sp33chy> I am sp33chy, running eggdrop v1.6.17: 25 users (mem: 1663k).
<sp33chy> Online for 3 days, 06:35 (background) - CPU: 18:28 - Cache hit: 15.5%
<sp33chy> Admin: jesus
<sp33chy> Config file: eggdrop.conf
<sp33chy> OS: CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.18(0.132/4/2)
<sp33chy> Tcl library: /cygdrive/f/windrop/lib/tcl8.4
<sp33chy> Tcl version: 8.4.11 (header version 8.4.11)
Open the archive containing megahal. Inside you find megahal.dll, copy that to your ..\eggdrop\modules\ folder. Every other file, stash in the folder ..\eggdrop\. The only file that could be overwritten is a stray "readme.txt" in your egg's root. Afterwards, add the line "loadmodule megahal" somewhere in your eggdrop.conf. The problem you will experience is that the newest windrop does not work properly with megahal (it's a known tcl 8.5 issue). Hence me advising people to use windrop 1.6.17/tcl 8.4 and the exact same megahal.dll that I am using as shown above with my dialogue with sp33chy.

Place the megahal.mod folder into the recycle bin and empty it. That folder contains the sources used to compile and create the megahal.dll. You won't require these if your using the pre-compiled megahal.dll.
Z
Zeyra
Voice

Post by Zeyra »

Yes, I have it sorted now. Thank you. =)