This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot leave channel after rehash

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
Z
Zircon
Op

Bot leave channel after rehash

Post by Zircon »

Hello all

i m having a problem eachtime i rehash my bot. Right after a rehash, bot quit the channel, and i see this in the partyline :
<valkyrie> [00:56] No longer supporting channel #quizz
<valkyrie> [00:56] Ignored masks for channel(s): #quizz
<valkyrie> [00:56] Userfile loaded, unpacking...
When i do .status, the channel #quizz dont appear in the list.

When i do in the partyline : .+chan #quizz , the bot come back to the channel, and when i do .chaninfo #quizz, i see that the bot has back almost all the dynamic settings. So why the bot quit the channel after a rehasing and say that the channel isnt supported anymore, but when i make him come back again i find exactly the dynamic settings i set before ?

What can be the problem ?:( How can i solve it ?
t
tmyoungjr
Voice

Post by tmyoungjr »

are you certain the channel exists in your config? as silly as it sounds it feels as simple as your eggdrop.conf is just missing the appropriate channel statement
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

This could also indicate some issues with your channels-file.

This error would generally occur if a dynamic channel is removed from the channels-file when your eggdrop rehashes; that is, your eggdrop did not find a record for the channel in it's channels-file that it previously thought it kept track of.

What if you manually save channel-settings after adding the channel using .+chan?

Code: Select all

.+chan #quiss
.chaninfo #quiss
.chanset #quiss ...
.chansave
Once saved, could you check the channels-file to make sure it has a record for the channel in question?
NML_375
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

Thank for the reply

I have to specify that the channel #quizz isnt defined in the conf file, but i have added it longtime ago using the command .+chan , to be able to remove it with .-chan whenever i want without editing the conf file.

Like nml375 asked me, after a .+chan, .chaninfo showing having back the dynamic settings by magic, I saved the chanfile with .chansave, and checked the chanfile, the record for #quizz was there. I did a rehash, and the bot didnt quit the channel, which is good.

The problem is that after, i did a .restart, and and the bot joined the channel with no problem, having all the dynamic settings. But when i rehashed after, the bot left the channel ! Means that a .rehash wont affect the bot. A .restart wont affect the bot. But a .restart followed by a .rehash will make the bot leave the channel ! i tested this many times. What can be the problem in your opinion ? :(

By the way, in general, when i .restart the bot, it shows no quit/left message, but this time it shows the following message :
Quizz (quizz@Quizz.users.undernet.org) has left #quizz (Left all channels)
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

My best guess, is that your channel's file is not properly saved when your eggdrop unloads the channels module upon .restart.
You most likely retain the channel settings as the chanset linked list (holding each channel record in memory) really isn't reset during a restart...

As to why it isn't properly saved, I have no clues yet.
NML_375