This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Weather Scripts

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
M
MiNdErAsR
Voice

Weather Scripts

Post by MiNdErAsR »

Currently using Weather v4.2.4 by DragnLord, which uses wunderground.com. However I've noticed that wunderground is reporting humidity (at least in my area) incorrectly. I've also noticed that most of the weather scripts that are still actively maintained use wunderground. Are there any international weather scripts that use an alternate source, like perhaps weather.com?

TIA
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

There is rawweather.tcl on www.tclscript.com which pulls and interprets raw METAR and TAF data from weather.noaa.gov, which looks up by ICAO (airport) codes for your location. Theory being that this will result in little breakage in the script over time, like other weather scripts.
M
MiNdErAsR
Voice

Post by MiNdErAsR »

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave the script a try, but the two nearest airports are too far away for an accurate report.